• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Member from Northern Kentucky

sevoc14

Tricycle
Hi Everyone
New member from Northern Ky. Took delivery of my 2010 C14 in June of this year, what a fantastic motorcycle!!!!!! I rode the wheels off my Ninja in the 90's , then took about a 18 year hiatus. Kids came along and I got the parental guilt complex and sold my bike. My son turned 18 in May and he told me that he wanted to buy a bike. I told him that if you want to ride then we should take a riding course together. We took a course given by Balanced Dynamics and the MSF in Walton, KY. This was well worth the time and I recommend it for both new and experienced riders..
The C14 was the perfect bike for both of us!! I wanted a sport touring platform and my son was looking at a Ninja. When I showed him what the C 14 looked like with the bags off, his eyes lit up and now I always have a sparkling motorcycle in the garage.
First long distance trip planned for Oct to Deals Gap and the Smokey Mtns. Look forward to hearing from all of you!!!
Jeff

Hi Jeff and welcome.  What part of the SC are you in?
I am the area director so if you need anything just let me know.  The area is hosting the 2012 Nationals so both you and your son need come check it and other area events out.  Maybe join the club and even help us put on a good show for the 200-500 other Concours owners coming to the nationals next year.

Bob and Bob!!!
Thanks for the welcome.. Being from the Northern part of KY I was unsure of the SC or NC designation. I'm sure this was a common dilemma in 1861, but I chose the SC because I made Texas my home for 3 years while completing school at Parkland Hospital in Dallas. Nevertheless I guess i'm close enough to take part in activities in both places. I've been going over the website all day and really enjoy it. It's very easy to navigate, well moderated and has a wealth of information. Again thanks for the welcome and I'm 100% sure I'll be in trouble for being on the computer all evening!!!!
Thanks Guys!!!
Jeff

Jeff,
I ask because which area you pick sets up which area newsletter full paying members get.  I think you can set more then one area if you really feel you will be down here in SC a lot but that does confuse things for us who have to try and run this zoo.  You would normally be under the North Central area.  You can email membership@cog-online.org and have Darrell move you to NC and just keep an eye on the activities on the other area calendars and such.