• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Member From The Volunteer State

dtwisdale

Big Wheel
^-^
Hi everyone!

New COG member here. Just purchased a 2006 Connie roughly 3 weeks ago and have already broke her down and forwarded parts of her to Steve Sefsick (Shoodaben Engineering). I should be receiving a newly rebuilt carb and a set of cams tomorrow and I can't wait to get em all in.  (Thanks again Steve) ;)

Before I became a COG member, I was a member of the Madura members site... and yes - I admit I was a previous Suzuki owner. Each of us have made a mistake or two in our lives.

Well, I'm proud to be a member of the group and hope to meet some of you face to face in days to come.

:welcome:  Did you say you joined COG? If so welcome to the club. If you meant the forum, again welcome to the forum!!!  :)

Hopefully you don't think that we discriminate against other motorcycles? Where not like that.  :-*  So anyway, what was wrong with your old Madura?  :)

Welcome to COG Dwayne!!!!  I hope you can make it to a few COG events this year... possibly the national rally?  These events and the interaction of our members is what makes COG really shine.

BTW - If you log out/in of the forum your COG # should show under your avatar.

Cap'n Bob said:
:welcome:  Did you say you joined COG? If so welcome to the club. If you meant the forum, again welcome to the forum!!!  :)

Hopefully you don't think that we discriminate against other motorcycles? Where not like that.  :-*  So anyway, what was wrong with your old Madura?  :)
  Sorry bout that Cap'n Bob!  I should have stated Forum instead. Just trying to learn my way around...LOL :-[

Nothing was really wrong with my Maddie. She was getting old (1984) and finding parts for her was becoming a big deal. Suzuki only made that particular bike for 2 years and Honda sued Suzuki (copy rights) and won. I have owned (for many years) over 10 Suzuki bikes and several Honda's but this is my first Kawasaki and so far (other than my fingers and hands going to sleep) I love it.

Thanks

S Smith said:
Welcome to COG Dwayne!!!!  I hope you can make it to a few COG events this year... possibly the national rally?  These events and the interaction of our members is what makes COG really shine.

BTW - If you log out/in of the forum your COG # should show under your avatar.

Thank you for your welcome post Mr. Smith. 

I would love to attend some of those events this year but unfortunately I'm right in the middle of a major manufacturing plant consolidation and therefore don't have much "free" time available. Maybe next year will be a better year.

Looking forward to both meeting and riding with you all in the near future though.  ;)

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yer gonna like this group.
By the way, speaking from experience, you gonna love Steves new cams!

Ride safe, Ted  (see ya on the road)  :08:

Eddie_Bohanan_TN said:
Where ya at in Good 'Ole TN?  Dad and myself live in East TN and we both have connies.  Welcome.

I live in Mason Tennessee which is roughly 40 miles north of Memphis.

You stated that you live in East Tennessee. Are you located near Knoxville?

connie_rider said:
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yer gonna like this group.
By the way, speaking from experience, you gonna love Steve's new cams!

Ride safe, Ted  (see ya on the road)  :08:

Yes, I installed the cams and carb today. Needless to say, it was a very long day. I completed the installation, got her back together, turned the key, and that baby fired up and ran great. man... that Steve knows his stuff! 

I live in Mason Tennessee which is roughly 40 miles north of Memphis.

You stated that you live in East Tennessee. Are you located near Knoxville?[/quote]

Yup, well Sevierville, but its right beside Knoxville.  :)

connie_rider said:
Yes, I installed the cams and carb today. Needless to say, it was a very long day. I completed the installation, got her back together, turned the key, and that baby fired up and ran great. man... that Steve knows his stuff!

Which cams did you get from Steve. Torque or Power cams?

Ride safe, Ted