• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Member In Ohio

ConcoursKZ

Sport Tourer
Been riding off and on my whole life. Turned 50 this year and added a 2008 Concours 14 to the garage for long weekend rides. After alot of research the Concours seemed to meet my needs. As a long time Z1 and KZ900 rider this should fill the speed and handling demands. I will always keep the old KZ900 as nothing else compares to the sound, look, and the memory of the first time I ever rode one. Nothing like the sound of an Old 900 with a 4 into 1 header on a hot summer night heard in the distance. On the other hand it lacks the dependibility for a really long trip and they can be a little finiky. I have owend dozens of bikes over the years and have been thinking about a Coucours 14 since they came out. The previous owner took incredible care of it and although it had 15000 miles on it I could not tell it was ever used. Better than new. I have put over 3500 miles on it in less than a month. For just over $7000 I couldn't pass it up. I have yet to find a corner to tight to take at speed. Throttle is amazing above 5500 rpm in any gear. 3rd gear has more than enough pull to get out of any situation at a blazing speed. It still has the motor buzz at 4500 rpm as the KZ900 from 35 years ago but 6th gear has cured the problem. Personally I have become accustomed to the 4500 buzz over the years and have grown to love it. All in all I have found this machine to meet all my expectations and more. Everyone should own one. Few bikes have the ability to settle in to a ride and track the highway with little effort. This is the first sport bike I have ever owned that did this. I had an old 68 Harley that did it. Sort of drove you home on its own when you were tired.  The Concours 14 is the best kept secret in motorcycles today....Tim

Concours-3.png

Concours2-1.png

My 17 year old son says I should give him the KZ now.
kz900-1.png

Oh come on Tim....tell us how you really feel!  :))

Welcome to the forum and to the connie.  you'll find lots of good info here.

Does your son ride yet?  I've taught both of my boys to ride.  Not on a KZ900 though!  :-\