• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hello from the frozen north. At least it seems that way most of the time. I am a new member and C14 owner. Bought my C14 May 5th. Last Kawasaki I owned was a KZ 900 in 1974. 66 years old and riding for over 50 years. First real bike was a 57 BSA in 1959. Have had one of most everything since except never owned a BMW. Harleys have been my main bike for over 20 years. Still have my 2000 Ultra. Also, for old times sake, I have an old FZ 750. Have had some bikes most now don't remember like Bultacos, Ossas and Montessas. Am somewhat suprised at how many complaints some owners have. The C14 is pretty good tourer, does 10's, and with a good rider, (not talking about me) doesn't give up much to a good sport bike. Cycle World just compared it to a 1300 BMW listing for $22,000 and it won. Yet many complain about the lack of the "best" shocks, seat, windshield, etc. Guess you could pay a lot more and still not get a better bike. Although I am a little dismayed about how the tires are giving up so fast, I do love the bike.

The bike is awesome. I also bought my C14 in May. As a tourer its very good as a sport tourer its excellent. My only complaint is that the windscreen in anything other than the full down position is a distraction from an otherwise great ride. I'm trying to decide on a replacement shield. I'm 56 and just came back to riding after several years away (why did I do that?) and found getting back into riding relatively easy with this bike. Congratuations on your new C14!

By the way, I lived in Minnesota when I was a kid. I remember those long walks to the school bus stop (about half mile away) in those sub zero temperatures. I even remember walking to school on detention mornings. Don't know what the distance was but was about half an hour walk at a fast clip - this way I avoided telling my parents I got in trouble. Man was it cold! Makes one wish for global warming.

Welcome to the club -- Steve Smith, COG #3184 COG Northeast Area Director (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Welcome aboard. i have a C14. As time goes on, you'll find that is could be improved in a few areas. But I've never had a motorcycle that I couldn't find some faults with. But all in all, the C14 is a good bike. I hope you enjoy it. Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 2008 C14 & 2003 Mean Streak
2003375907710792664_th.jpg

For a taller windshield I sure have been happy with my Cee Bailey Ultra Tour. I am 5'10" and with it up about an inch, I see over it well and my there is no buffeting on my glasses. In the rain I can run it up and it works well.