• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

F-106

Scooter
Just found your site a few weeks ago. What a great sight, lots of good info. I bought my 2006 Concours yesterday from a good friend that was the first owner. Garage kept with only 8,000 miles on the clock and bone stock. Looking to put a set of handlebar risers on her, a custom seat, j&m2003 setup and paint the bags to match the bike. All in good time but money well spent. I have been riding since 1979 and sold my 01 Honda Valkyrie to get the Concours. Looking foward to many miles on this bike. I am retired from the Air National Guard after 22 years so I am looking to get a lot of riding in this year. THANKS FOR A GREAT SITE!! :)

Welcome to the machine! Lots of good people and information here. Get out and join in some activities in your area. If there aren't any, start some ! :)) BTW, I love your forum name. One of my favorite aircraft!

Eddie

Welcome to the site. Now you should consider joining COG!  :D Many people would advise that you put ~1000 miles on the bike before you start making changes.  You'll have a better idea of what you really want/need.  Again, welcome!

Welcome aboard and what a find on the '06! Got mine with 3100 on it back last October and so far the bar risers and a taller shield have filled most of my comfort needs. I'm thinkin Kawasaki got it right then got bored and made it righter again! 2006, being the crowning year, I'm sure will give us lots of smiles and miles!

GO to CDA heading and read a bit! You may want to wait on the bag painting until you either get past gently letting her slump to the ground as she is prone to do with that big ole tank full and a slight bit of angle at the wrong time. You can correct those bag scratches with sandpaper or a soldering iron! Paint is a bit more demanding!

Thanks for comment on the 6. I worked the jet when I first got into the guard. I did get one ride in her before they left for the boneyard. BEST RIDE I EVER HAD IN A AIRPLANE.
Eddie-FL said:
Welcome to the machine! Lots of good people and information here. Get out and join in some activities in your area. If there aren't any, start some ! :)) BTW, I love your forum name. One of my favorite aircraft!

Eddie

Thanks for the advise on the tipping over issue. My valk had a 7.0 gal tank. More than once it went over. AT 900LBS it was a bit tough to get back on the side stand. looks like a set of tip over bars are on the list to buy.  :)
doug said:
Welcome aboard and what a find on the '06! Got mine with 3100 on it back last October and so far the bar risers and a taller shield have filled most of my comfort needs. I'm thinkin Kawasaki got it right then got bored and made it righter again! 2006, being the crowning year, I'm sure will give us lots of smiles and miles!

GO to CDA heading and read a bit! You may want to wait on the bag painting until you either get past gently letting her slump to the ground as she is prone to do with that big ole tank full and a slight bit of angle at the wrong time. You can correct those bag scratches with sandpaper or a soldering iron! Paint is a bit more demanding!

Welcome F106.  I grew up under those old planes... what I mean is that I lived down runway from McConnell AFB in Wichita, KS inteh sixties.  We didn't have AC so I spent my summer nights trying to sleep with afterburners every few minutes runnig through my bedroom. LOL  It was pretty cool actually.  I got a ride once in the pilot's lap of an F100 (I was 6 or 7 years old and imagine I nearly killed the pilot).  Not nearly as fast, and nowhere nearly as safe as the 6, but it was fast and fun for a kid.  I hope you learn to love Connie the way most of us do.  Again, welcome.