• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bluto

Big Wheel
Hello to all, I picked up an '06' connie last year after reading this forum and being totally impressed with the support and cameraderie here. I love the bike and haven't had any real issues with the top heaviness but it did take some getting used to. I commute daily about eight miles RT in downtown Miami but most days I ride my CB 750 Honda because she is lighter. Over the road and out of tight traffic, however, the connie is far superior. She's got just over 6,000 miles and a valve adjustment is due. I stupidly let the connie sit for a while and rode the honda, in anticipation of the valve adjust, without treatment in the tank and now I think a carb cleaning is also in order because she won't idle worth a darn and is difficult to start and needs the choke after warmup. Well, live and learn. This is a great site and I know all the info I need is here. Thanks for being here and maintaining a great site. Looking forward to talking to you all in the future. Bruce Korray Miami, Fl.

Welcome Bruce, Nice to meet you. We seem to enjoy the bike and the people of the club so I hope you will also. I was just wondering about how long the bike sat and where?(inside or out...) I am trying to get a feel for what it takes to keep the bike clean (inside) and safe from hydro lock. If you have questions we are here. I think some take it as a challenge to find an answer to every question. I can not remember a question not getting answered and most are asked so much we all know. Check out the Maintenance links section and Library if your a member and if not consider joining full up. There are area pages also but for some strange reason you have to get to them from the home page only and not in the members area. ---------------------------------- South Central Area Director Email scad@cog-online.org
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br

Hi Bob, Thanks for the welcome. I had the bike outside but under its cover for about a month, then moved it into the garage after clearing out a space. I put a can of seafoam mixed with a tank of gas and ran it about 50 miles while playing with the choke at stops. I then ran some straight seafoam into the carbs, ran it till it stopped. waited a while, drained the carbs and started it again. Still running poorly. I am a COG member and am going to look at the info available. Must admit that although I have been riding a lot of years I'm not much of a wrencher, mostly just a parts changer. I'm hoping to become more bold and sharper by staying with this site and you good people. Thanks again for the reply, Bruce

Well that silly date over on the left says I've been a member since...today.. My COG number is 2769, I have more than one Concours, both flavours of the C10 and a C14. I don't get to ride that much anymore, but I do get to work with some great people on Concours products. My company has been a long term supported of the Conours, and our support for both airframes is still wide open. We are adding more maintence and "support" products for the 10, and chasing the latest in farkles for both 10s and 14s. Hit up the site www.murphskits.com and drop me a line if you want to know more . I really don't get to do much forum looking these days so I can be pretty long in the tooth on replies posted to them. best Murph COG 2769 Industry Member

Hi Bluto; Welcome to COG and Cogmos. Most likely your idle jets are gummed up. Take a look at the Fall 06 edition of the Concourier which you will find in the Library (Members only) Rich did a good write up on how to clean them. Best thing is to remove the whole carb rack remove the blanking plates unscrew the idle jets give them a good clean and set them all at 2 turns out. While your at it you may want to get Steve (Sunny Florida's) jet kit. Welcome once again. Colin Colin Prior Cogmos Administrator Lake Forest Park WA COG#7767
2606714340100596652OGFlOW_th.jpg

Welcome too. I too have an 06 but with a few more miles on her and I have done a number of valve adjustments, not hard. Now I have NEVER pulled the carbs.. ( I hope not to have to) I would try a couple of bottles of seaform first. (I know many WILL dis-agree) But if you really need to there is a lot of information here when you need it. Also keep in touch with our good friend Murph as he has ALL the items you'll ever need for your Concours. Welcome again. Yuma, Summer in Yuma is not hell, but hell is a local call :) 2006 Connie http://community.webshots.com/user/Lateck?vhost=community

Welcome again & good luck with yer Conc. We've got a handful of new COGers in town. Lemme know if ya want any info, ASSistance, etc. And hope ya can join us for http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?EventID=76964 01 Conc, Mijami Floriduh Over the Pond 06: http://tinyurl.com/2vk9o2 route map: http://tinyurl.com/4p7pmd
y6xlq5.jpg
yrf2z1.jpg
yr5ihh.jpg
y6x7zt.jpg