• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New, old guy

suPatramP

Training Wheels
Hi Connie folks, I just joined the forum and from what I see, I waited a year too long.
I bought my 08, about this time last year, used, with 1500 miles on it. It has a PC3, 2 brothers exhaust, & bar risers.
It now has 11,000+, after my trip out to Utah and neighboring states.
I've been riding since 1964, when I bought a 90cc Vespa. I've had a fair amount of bikes which some are,  BSA Lighting Rocket, H1, H2, Z1, 77 Goldwing, 72 CB750.
Right now, my garage is clustered with my Connie, 09 KLR, 08 Fatbob, & a 09 Streetglide.
I was fortunate to retire in 2002, a day after I was 55. I worked as a lineman & troubleshooter for the local power utility for 32 yrs.

Welcome to the Forum. You'll like it here. Club member yet?
If not, I HIGHLY recommend it. Bunch of good folks!

Ride safe, Ted

Welcome,
My first street bike was an H2, still have a KZ900, and I bet I have owned 7 CB750s. I bet you don't ride the Fatbob or Streetglide much anymore...Tim

:welcome:  to the forum.

Wow... I've had just about every bike you've had except for the BSA and Goldwing, and I've had a bunch of Yamahas.  Strange my first bike was a Vespa when I was 10 years old in 1957, then a Cushman Eagle before I had my first of many Triumphs (Tiger Cub followed by several Bonneville’s).  You'll enjoy the Connie and the camaraderie of this forum.  There are some very knowledgeable guys who hang out here, with me being an exception.    :051bye:

Tim said:
Welcome,
My first street bike was an H2, still have a KZ900, and I bet I have owned 7 CB750s. I bet you don't ride the Fatbob or Streetglide much anymore...Tim
Not as much as a bike should be ridden, but I keep them earning their oats. I had planned on selling the SG, but didn't even try. Maybe this coming spring.

Ken said:

Wow... I've had just about every bike you've had except for the BSA and Goldwing, and I've had a bunch of Yamahas.  Strange my first bike was a Vespa when I was 10 years old in 1957, then a Cushman Eagle before I had my first of many Triumphs (Tiger Cub followed by several Bonneville’s).  You'll enjoy the Connie and the camaraderie of this forum.  There are some very knowledgeable guys who hang out here, with me being an exception.    :051bye:
You reminded me, I had a 80 Yamaha also, senility sucks.
I've been impressed by the forum already, thanks all for the greetings

Supatramp said:
Ken said:

You reminded me, I had a 80 Yamaha also, senility sucks.
I've been impressed by the forum already, thanks all for the greetings

I put well over 50,000 miles on a 1981 XS 850 triple. I miss that bike...Tim