• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Orleans/French qtr trip security?

hdcd

Bicycle
A couple of buddies and I are planning a trip to New Orleans next month.  We currently have a place reserved near the French quarter.  There's an open gated parking lot that we can use. 

Anyone familiar enough with the area to comment on the security of the bikes/crime?  Should we be concerned?  We plan to cable the bikes together.

Thanks much!

Dave

I like this place: Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza. It has a secured indoor parking garage. Three blocks from Bourbon Street.

I found this today.
https://www.tripshock.com/New-Orleans-Double-Decker-Hop-On-Hop-Off-Bus-Tours/details/1437/

It's a tour Bus (Big Red Bus) that travels around NO. Can get on and off when you want.
As you travel, they tell you about the different areas's.

We booked the 3 day as it allows us to leave the truck parked, nice and safe.

Near the middle of the ad, click on "are you near the route" to see the Route/Map..
Will let you see where your motel is in relation to the route.

Ride safe, Ted