• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New owner in Minnesota

jollyzjackal

Big Wheel
'Ello forumfolk. I bought my 2004 zg1000 this spring. It's a fine machine; the nicest tourer I've had, though my particular beastie is a little rough around the edges. It looks like it has been dropped a few times and needs a right side mirror assembly and foot peg... (anyone here know where I can find 'em for cheaper than bikebandit?) I've been learning quite a bit, like how it's completely normal for the camshafts to look like they're trashed at 25k miles, and that the engine top end can safely sound like a threshing machine and still last 100k miles. :p A veteran rider of dualsports, I hope to continue to learn like crazy 'bout this loveable dinosaur I've acquired. The bike used to belong to one of the members here, as the bags proudly displayed COG stickers, and that, folks, is what brings me here! AAAAAND here's the obligatory picture. I've temporarily removed the givi hard bag from the top and replaced the leaking aftermarket brake lines in front that were far too short with some used OEM-style lines... Other than that it has only needed a valve adjustment, a partial lobotomy of poorly-wired accessories that shorted out any time it rained and a front valve stem. :O Enjoy!
p_00217.jpg

Welcome aboard. Lots of good stuff happening around here. Watch the calendar and bring it to a get together someone more than likely know who's it was.

The photo is nice, but you really ought to bring it to a COG event to show it off. It is kinda short notice but check out the National Rally next month, otherwise there is a good selection of local happenings in MN. Hope to meet you in person soon and thanks for joining COG.

Welcome aboard... Hopefully you will be able to join in on a club activity or 2 to check COG out more. Maybe you will like it enough to become a full, card carrying member.