• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Philly area concours owner..

Hello all..  I had been poking around here earlier looking for advice on a few things on my "new" concours 14 abs, but I don't think I had posted an introduction..  I've been riding for about 18 years and have ridden all sorts of bikes..  ex500, virago, vmax, TL1000R, Hayabusa, Monster S4rs..  presently I have a superduke R, gixxer 750 (track bike), ktm 530 dual sport and just traded my ktm 990 adventure for a concours 14 abs..

I picked it up last week, and this past weekend put about 700 miles on it..  what a tremendous bike..  I did some superslab, some twisties, a little "offroading" to get to a campsite..  and every single minute on the bike was a stinking blast..  90+ mph stretches chewed up miles with no drama whatsoever..  in fact, I had to pay attention because the darn thing was so smooth I was up over 100 without even realizing it..

in the twisties around northern PA, the bike was completely comfortable and confidence inspiring..  getting to my campsite over moss covered rocks, though....  That wasn't as much of a pleasure.. ha.

Can't wait to crank out the miles on this bike..  trip to explore northern Maryland in the works, and a blast down to meet up with some friends in North Carolina in late summer / early fall is on its way into the calendar..

DSCF4276.jpg

DSCF4277.jpg

DSCF4279.jpg

DSCF4291.jpg

DSCF4283.jpg

DSCF4284.jpg

Good times..

Nice to meet you, Enjoy Md. and Nc.  I wish I could make it up there this year... or every year.

Welcome. Be sure to check out the COG Northeast Calendar of Events.  The Philly area contingency is starting to grew and become more active. Check out the North & South weekend event this weekend in MD.  And come join us at the COG National Rally will be in Vermont this August.

Welcome Wits! Our area is building up with some fine folks! Rides are being scheduled, hope to see you at a few of them, they will be
posted on the calender shortly.. Everything is geared towards the National rally in Vermont in 6 weeks, so if you can swing it, you'll
have great company!