• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Rotors

I used ECB and they feel like oem after the first hundred miles or so and so far, about 10000 miles, they are holding up.

I'll throw another vote for the EBC's. I had to replace my fronts a few months back and went with the EBC's. So far they have been fine and seem to be as good or better than OEM. I priced out some of the other rotors offered out there and let me say they can get kind of pricey. Good luck.

EBC's for me also. With 64,000 on them they still look pretty much new. These should outlast the bike seeing as how the OEM's lasted 130,000.

Cliff  :beerchug:

Just Cliff said:
EBC's for me also. With 64,000 on them they still look pretty much new. These should outlast the bike seeing as how the OEM's lasted 130,000.

You haven't hit 200k yet? I'm disappointed in your lack of commitment to the goal!  :rotflmao: :nananana: :beerchug:

Throttle 8 said:
Just Cliff said:

You haven't hit 200k yet? I'm disappointed in your lack of commitment to the goal!  :rotflmao: :nananana: :beerchug:

What can I say, I'm just a slacker!  :-[ Still 3 weeks left in the year though.  :)

Just Cliff said:
Throttle 8 said:
Just Cliff said:

What can I say, I'm just a slacker!  :-[ Still 3 weeks left in the year though.  :)

Bo Haw  :)) :)) :))

ghostrider990 said:
What Pads are you guys running on the EBC Rotors??

I went with EBC myself. Recently installed new pads for the 1st. time new since the new rotor/pad combo was installed. They had 59,314 miles on them, still stopped very well.

Just over 20k miles and my pads are about done.  I just ordered a replacement set of OEMs off partzilla for $45 ea.

I usually like to "upgrade" from OEM, but the stockers weren't terrible, so i fig'd why mess up a good thing.

When and if I ever need new rotors, EBC sounds like a good combo.  :great:

gr

ouch $160  :-\ each on amazon (if I have the right ones) I may have to wait until spring time and the tax man tosses some money my way to get new rotors.

Sadly I'm just adding to the parts list.

Front rim $700 new, $250 ebay (hit a rock on the highway, bent the hell out of this one)
front fender $90 ebay (small fender bender cracked and broke this one)
new front rotors $320 (I think when I put new rubber on the front rim, I slightly tweaked one of them, as I hit the brakes I get a vibration)

If at all possible, a top case, a seat pad, and maybe a taller windshield.