• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New seat on the way. Seth Laam

freebird6

Got 3 seat currently, Stocker, Baldwin and a Laam for my 2 concours. I run the Laam on the 18 I use for touring but I am tired of switching as the Baldwin puts me too far forward and the stocker hurts my azz. .....so .....the wife said she would pay for " something you want for your bike" for my Bday in August. Retired USPS so she shrink wrapped my seat and sent it out to him in Sept.

He called and talked through what I wanted .....decided on a new grippy top cover and he said he invested in a new sewing machine to replace the one he has had for 3 decades. Seth asked about thread and told him my Baldwin had green thread ..... he said with his new machine he had just picked up a 270 denier lime green thread as he had many requests over the years. ....I said "I'm in".....so I got the first Seth Laam with green thread on the way. My 3rd Laam.... first one left me while I was still in a Coma and they took my totalled bike away. 2nd one has about 80K on it and I am excited to get this one on and try it out .....added an inch of height. built up the nose to keep me off the tank and moved me back 1 1/2 " ....Can't wait.

IMG_3560.jpgIMG_3563.jpgIMG_3565 (1).jpg

On the bike. Sits like a dream. First hundred and so miles on the clock.
That seat looks awesome!

Often thought of an aftermarket seat however we have decided on using the AirHawk2 seat cushions. They aren’t pretty, especially the one I have (hand me down from my wife ~ 10 years old and > 150K miles) but they last(obviously), are widely / easily adjustable in firmness and depending where / how you sit the pressure points can be moved around. And lastly we can do upwards of 1000 miles a day without a sore rump. I could be wrong but I don’t think I can get that sort of flexibility from a ‘permanent’ seat; you could say my backside has special needs….

For sure that seat looks light years better 👍 than ours.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Reactions: Bud
That seat looks awesome!

Often thought of an aftermarket seat however we have decided on using the AirHawk2 seat cushions. They aren’t pretty, especially the one I have (hand me down from my wife ~ 10 years old and > 150K miles) but they last(obviously), are widely / easily adjustable in firmness and depending where / how you sit the pressure points can be moved around. And lastly we can do upwards of 1000 miles a day without a sore rump. I could be wrong but I don’t think I can get that sort of flexibility from a ‘permanent’ seat; you could say my backside has special needs….

For sure that seat looks light years better 👍 than ours.

Wayne, Carol & Blue
My Wing riding friend gave me a similar air cushion. I actually use mine backwards. I agree that being able to move it around makes a lot of difference in comfort as the day goes by. Should have been more open to the idea long ago.

That is a very nice looking seat. I have a spare seat pan for my 2010 that I've been considering sending to Seth Lamm for a few years. Can I ask how tall you are and weight? I'm 5'9, about a 30-31" inseam, so I'm already on the balls of my feet when I'm at a stop on a stock seat. And can I also ask how much?

6 3 260 he will call and talk to you when it is time. I Provided pics on the bike, feet up feet down and let him know where I liked to sit. He asked many questions about what I like and dont' like about the position on the Stock seat, the baldwin and the previous 2 laams

I got the new material he had for the top cover. My other one is Carbon Fiber look vinyl. This one is vinyl with the texture he just got in stock. He also just got a new sewing machine so he can now do the heavier green thread. Did the front only as my wife does not ride often enough to warrant preserving her comfort on the back

Total was 686.20 and is worth every bit of that to my butt. Have 4 of them here. Baldwin, the 2nd Laam, the stocker and the 3rd Laam. All are different but the 2 Laams are head above the rest. Stocker is pure pain, I mean I could ride it but man ....why would I ?