• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New tires shouldn't be this hard.

timotb

Big Wheel
I have a 2006 Concours.  Getting ready to buy 3rd set of tires.  Its like pulling teeth to find a good set of tires at a reasonable price.  Just wondered what most people are running. 

I have Dunlaps Front 120/70/18 and Rear 150/80/16.  I bought them from Ronayers.com last time for $95 each plus $20 each for shipping.  Looks like the price hasn't changed.  This still looks like the best deal I can find.  I would like to consider the newer multi treads that are soft on the sides and hard on the center.  Cant find a matching pair of multi-treads.

95+95+20 = $200 for stock dunflops.

Should be able to get 110/80-18 front and 150/80-16 rear in Bridgestone BT45's from MS Superstore shipped for $202.  These are a V rated Bias ply tire versus a V Rated Radial the stock tires are. And the front you will have to get the 110/80 ( which some say is the right size anyway, including me ) as they dont have a 120/70 in a BT45.

These are a dual compound tire. They will give better handling and traction and should give mileage for the same money. Just an option.  Better than stock for the same money mentioned.  For the money these are pretty nice. Handling slightly less than the Avons at a Z rated Radial, but have better mileage and cost much less.  Not the high mileage as a Wing Tar, but has the nice handling and traction of a true ST tire.

Thanks....I have to check into 110/80-18 front and 150/80-16 rear in Bridgestone BT45's.  MS Superstore is in Trinadad and Tabago?

I checked with Ronayers.com  $212.37 both tires including shipping.  Never heard of this MS Superstore.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/71/Motorcycle-Tire-Finder/Bridgestone-Street-Bike-Tires.aspx?WT.ac=Street_Tires_-_Brand_5_04.04.11_Bridgestone

There are a few other options for a matched set. Most consider the Avon Storm/Azaro combo a matched set.  they are Z rated radials and considered highest performance for the stock tires on stock wheels.  But also the lowest mileage out of the Azaro rear. -- If you dont mind paying more and can live with the tire life, these are a great choice. The preferred choice my many here.

Mentioning BT45's as much better than stock for the same price as listed in the original post. Meet the requirement of good tires, matched set, multi compound for decent price.

If you are less agressive and want higher mileage GL1500 tires are the choice for some. They are a + 1 size for the Connie ( 130/70 front, 160/80 rear ) but do fit our wheels. The GL1500 has the same size wheels as the C10. They have clearance, etc. Lots of people using them. And there are plenty of matched sets. They are all H rated bias ply tires. Give great mileage. some of them dont handle the best though.  But if you not super agressive, many like them. They too cost a bit more initially to purchase, but when factoring the long tire life they work for many. -- None of these will be multi compound that I can recall.

Adding a 17" rear wheel conversion opens up a whole new world, of matched sets of dual compound tires. One with great performance, Z rated radials, and decent mileage.

"Thanks....I have to check into 110/80-18 front and 150/80-16 rear in Bridgestone BT45's.  MS Superstore is in Trinadad and Tabago?"

Arizona I belive.  I have bought several sets from them.  I do like the BT45Vs.