• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New to the club and new to this bike!

v1ru5

Bicycle
Hi all,
My name is Rob and Im in the SF Bay area, CA. I have had my bike now two weeks now and love it! I got a 2000 zg 1000 with only 6500 miles on it.  The bike looks brand new!
I would like to meet club members in my area, so if you’re in my area, please contact me!
I wanted to do some mods to the bike mostly want to add a trunk on the back and thing to increase the gas mileage.
Any recommendations would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Rob

Welcome Rob,
There is a forum section for south west area communications and lots of tech help all around.  Enjoy and see you on the road.

Welcome Rob,  ^-^

There is a Sacramento contingent of COGger's that have a monthly dinner and local rides every once in a while. Hopefully someone from that area will pipe in and let you know the details.

Lots of options for trunks, Murphs (one of our awesome Industry Members) and Givi are a couple of sources. It really helps when you connect up with other Concours and can see what others have done.

^-^ Rob, I live in fresno but my phone rings if you wish to talk about the bike. shoot me a PM and I will give you my contact info. I do ride to Gilroy from time to time. We might meet for lunch......BILL

V1RU5 said:
... and thing to increase the gas mileage.
Any recommendations would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Rob

Rob, welcome, Steve in Sunny Fla (SISF) is our go to guy for carbs and he has developed a jet kit that gives an increase in both mileage and power, as well as eliminating the flat spot in the power curve. He also offers a service where you ship him your carbs and he will rebuild them, instal his kit and overflow tubes and ship them back. PM him for info.