• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New to the Site

mehush

Scooter
Hey all.

Picked up my new 2011 Connie last week. A sweet ride for sure.

Found the seat to be lacking so I placed an order for a Corbin today. Had one on a previous bike and was impressed with the improvement over stock.

I have been looking on the i-net for the last couple days for a top case. I'm new to the luggage game and need something for my wife lean against. I had read that the Kawi accessory box and mount were a little suspect due to the mounting hardware. Looking at the pictures leads me to believe it to be true. I really want her to feel comfortable and secure so that she enjoys going on rides with me. I looked at Phils mounting plate and agree that it well be better than stock. What I would like to hear from you guys is what you think is the best box/backrest/mount. I don't want anything that looks out of proportion or phugly. I would prefer something that mounts direct to the plate w/o the use of additional brackets or hardware. Any and all opinions welcome.

Nuther thing. The stock tires. I remember that when the Connie first came out the stock tires were blamed for lackluster cornering, that a switch to a better tire really woke the bike up. Is this still the case in 2011? I find the bike just a bit reluctant to tip in to a corner. It could well be that I just need to get used to the bigger/heavier bike, not sure.

Happy to have found this site. Looking forward to sharing ideas and stories.
Mike

Welcome Mike, I'm sure you'll love your C-14. I can't help w/ the top case as i don't use one. The stock tires are indeed crap. I'm currently running pirelli angel st's. Most people seem to really like the michelins ( pr-2 or the newer pr-3's)..... Enjoy the bike & ride safe....mike

Welcome out....as far as a top case I have the Givi 55 Liter Maxia case.....with the Admore light kit, very nice setup.  We also have the heated Corbin seats on our C14.  Good luck.

Welcome and congrats on the new steed! :)

Corbin seats are great, but keep in mind they need a few k miles to break in....    As for topcases I am partial to the Givi's myself :)

Welcome!

I have a 2010 with a Corbin, love it! I also have the Kawi Top Case (Givi) w/backrest, but bought a new top rack from Murph's to stablize. It makes a big differance and lets you adjust back a few more inch's. I also added the lighting kit! 8)

:beerchug: :beerchug:

I have a 2011 with the Shad SL50 Topcase mounted to a Phil's Rack.  Absolutely love the setup. More than enough storage.  Although the quoted weight limit is something like 20 pounds I have had a bit more than that.

One thing to consider that I would do to my bike if I keep it is add lights to the top case.  I think you will see from others that Givi comes with accessories or the features to add them.  This is not the same for the Shad case but there are plenty of LED light options out there.

Others have been successful with cheaper no name options and fixing them up.  In the end the best you can do for yourself is install a Phil Rack.

Congrats on the new C14 and welcome Mike. You can get a whole bunch of answers to questions. But it may be quicker and more satisfying to try using the search feature to try to answer a lot of these questions. These questions have been asked over and over again. So there's a lot of answers out there to read. You should do your search in the section that your interested in. (for example: Looks for top cases in C14 accessories, tires in the C14 tire/suspension section).  For broader searches, go with the advanced search for much better results. But if you can't find what your looking for. By all means ask. We're always will to help if possible.

Thanks for the responses guys. Been looking at other peoples box set-ups every chance I get.

I've had great luck with Michelin tires for a long time now. Prolly get a set of the PR's when the time comes.

Now, if I can just figure out what the orange buttons are for on the left switchgear. ???