• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New WA Connie rider

Hello - just bought a 98 Connie and looking forward to meeting some of you on the road. I started out riding the neighbor's dirt bikes. Bought my first bike in 93 - a Honda cm400. Rode it very seldom and traded it for a 454 a few months later. Fast forward to 1999. I picked up a 89 Honda HawkGT - awesome motorcycle. Rode it for a year and a half, combination of WA fog and leaves on the pavement edge did it in (along with C1 & C2 in my neck). Picked up an 84 Honda V65 Sabre with the hondaline fairing, corbin touring seat and KZ1000 hard cases. Put about 70k on it in 3 years, rolled the speedo and sold it to a guy as a favor - a$$ blew it up 250mi later. Bought a brandy new 01 Suzuki SV650 after that - rode it off and on for 6 years. Another great motorcycle. Sold it to move my kids next to me. After 2 years my sister made me buy another bike because she was sick of me moping. I bought a cafe'd out Honda CB400F and rediscovered the road. Love this bike, but after a couple of hours scrunched up in the fetal position, the enjoyment starts to wane. I wanted something with with some range that was reasonably comfortably, would turn a corner if I wanted, and had the ability to tour 2up with my SO on the weekends. Enter the Connie. So far I really like it, but switching back and forth between it and the CB is quite an adjustment!

Welcome Rick, I bet it is a big change going between those two. Once you do it a few times though it should get easier. Enjoy and let us know if there is anything we can do for ya. Photos[/url]

welcome to the west side.There are a few coggers on this side of the puget sound and always looking to grow.Check the northwest calendar for upcoming events or just post an idea for an informal ride and see what happens. Looper

Rick welcome to the group and enjoy the new (to you) Connie. The Connies will never win a bike beauty contest, but are surly guaranteed to get the job done on the road. There are lots of people with tones of experience with the bike in this group and are always willing to help. Lookup people in your region and get to know them. Ben

Hey Rick, Dan from Graham(crackerville) As a NWCOG AAD I welcome you to not only join in but host a ride! Hope to see you.

Hi Rick I typically have a couple of wrench sessions over here in Seattle at the beginning and end of the seasons. I know its short notice but a bunch of us are going to Kamiah for the Bun Cooler this weekend.