• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New York Motorcycle Show 2014

S Smith

Northeast Area Director
It's never too early to begin planning... especially since I just got a press release regarding the 2014 IMS at New York's Javits Center will actually be DEC 13-15, 2013 instead of being the third weekend in January as it has in the past. A follow up press release explained the data change.  You can read an article about that here.

I assume Terry will once again champion this activity and will plan a great lunch outing. The event is already posted to the online COG calendar as a placeholder.

Interested parties will gather for our usual late lunch/dinner on Saturday December 14, 2013. As usual, meet at the Connie in the Kawasaki area around 2:00PM - we leave promptly @ 2:30PM.  We''ll head out for some chow at a TBD location. Keep your eyes on the forum or this calendar page for additional details.

Ticket discounts: Look for the online discount promo code that will be published in the fall 2013 Concourier and NE newsletter.

Info on the Motorcycle Show can be found here:  http://www.motorcycleshows.com

Much better. Folks might be able to still ride in easier now. Also much less chance of bitter cold and snow.  :great:

But after the Saturday fiasco this year (Jan 2013). It will probably be back to Friday for me, if I am able to attend.

I would like to go, but I'm not sure i can afford it. Last year I went and ended up buying a Concours.

Might as well reach out to folks now and get some feedback.  Some members have asked to move the gathering to Friday so that the crowds might be lighter.  So what's the consensus?  Do we do a dinner gathering Friday evening or stick with a Saturday shindig?  Let the COG masses speak!!!

:1rij:

Terrynyc said:
Might as well reach out to folks now and get some feedback.  Some members have asked to move the gathering to Friday so that the crowds might be lighter.  So what's the consensus?  Do we do a dinner gathering Friday evening or stick with a Saturday shindig?  Let the COG masses speak!!!

:1rij:

Susan and I are in for whatever day is chosen.  :beerchug:

PROMO CODE APPLIED: PCSH14

Adult 1-Day General Admission  $18.00 $15.00
You save $3.00.(Plus $1.00 Service Fee)

There is a COG promo code too: COG
(corrected/updated 11/5/13)
This will provide a 20% online ticket purchase discount for any of the shows nationwide. This works out better at the more expensive shows (like NY). You may find other promo codes that are better (like Progressive).  Keep in mind that there is a $1 service charge for online ticket sales.

:))I used "twitter14" and got $4.50 off my ticket at the NYC show. Worked for me on 11/16/13. GO FOR IT.  :-\ Why pay $19.00 when you can pay $14.50 (including service charge). I'll be there on DEC 13 as the crowds are much more manageable on Fridays. I'll have a lime green Kawasaki cap on. See ya at the show. DR. Lee. 

Terrynyc said:
So what's the consensus?  Do we do a dinner gathering Friday evening or stick with a Saturday shindig?  Let the COG masses speak!!!
Well, I have both days off, so I'll go whichever day is chosen by the group.  But I'd rather try to avoid the crowds, so I'm leaning towards Friday.

Well I might as well drop it in this thread too.  We'll be sticking to Saturday.  Start gathering at the Connie at 2:30pm and head out to Tir Na Nog at 3ish.  Details are on the other thread.  You Friday folks can warm up the bar for us!  :beerchug:

I hate breaking promises and it was a difficult decision. but looks like I will not make it to the IMS on SAT (I will be there on FRI until 2 or 3).  The company holiday party is the same day and there is no way that I can meet up with you fine folks and make it back in time for the gala.   

S Smith said:
I hate breaking promises and it was a difficult decision. but looks like I will not make it to the IMS on SAT (I will be there on FRI until 2 or 3).  The company holiday party is the same day and there is no way that I can meet up with you fine folks and make it back in time for the gala. 

Ok steve, you can tell me, is it me??  :))

Roger M. said:
S Smith said:

Ok steve, you can tell me, is it me??  :))

LOL - no...

I can't go wrong with a nice dinner and open bar for $30/couple, but I was one of the ones who griped that they provided only a few weeks notice last year and this year they provided more notice and I forgot.

Tickets purchased.  My son and I will be rolling in on the train at 8:50am.  Planning to head over to the Tick Tock diner for a quick bite before the show.

S Smith said:

Well I certainly hope you behave yourself on Friday young man!  Save the liver for the open bar!  :))

I just received the below for a discount to the show. Probably too late for some but better late than never. It's from progressive insurance.

Get your discounted International Motorcycle Show tickets now!
It's your pass to experience the "blue" carpet treatment at the redesigned Progressive Welcome Center, check out Toby Keith's Darwin motorcycles and more!

See you at the show!
Show information

When: December 13-15, 2013

Where: Jacob K. Javit Convention Center
655 West 34th Street
New York, NY 10001

Buy online and save 33% with $13 tickets -- this offer expires December 6, 2013!

1. Visit motorcycleshows.com

2. Click on Buy Tickets

3. Enter promo code: PRG14E

4. Purchase your discounted ticket(s)

Discount valid on 1-day adult general admission tickets purchased online. $1 service fee applies, per ticket.

COG has a discount code COG
which will give a percentage off ($3.60 discount fro the NY show + service charge)

I also just heard about a 30% discount code that should save $5.40 off the NY show but you must buy tix by DEC 2

the code is: cyber14

Two week warning folks!  Make sure to register on the calendar so I have an idea of who's attending.  Thanks! ;)

I'll be there on Saturday. I'm going with my brother's Christian Rider group from Middletown, NY. I couldn't figure out if there were more COGs going on Friday or Saturday. Either way it'll be great seeing some of you at the Kawasaki booth.

Hope to see you there.  You're all welcome to join us for victuals and comradeship at Tir Na Nog. 

Three days to go folks!  Looks like the weather might be a bit dodgy but that never stopped us before.  If anything it might keep the crowds down a bit.  I've become quite enamored of the new Ninja 1000.  I might have to bring my own towel to sop up the drool!  Now if I just win that mega millions she'll be all mine! ;)

S Smith said:
COG has a discount code COG
which will give a percentage off ($3.60 discount fro the NY show + service charge)

I also just heard about a 30% discount code that should save $5.40 off the NY show but you must buy tix by DEC 2

the code is: cyber14

Works as advertised. I just used COG and it was $15.40 total rather than $19, for a one day. That's better than most of the other deals I've seen. Most are $2 or $3. I like the $3.60 a little better. I should have printed it back when it was $5.40 off.  :-[

Terrynyc said:
Three days to go folks!  Looks like the weather might be a bit dodgy but that never stopped us before.  If anything it might keep the crowds down a bit.  I've become quite enamored of the new Ninja 1000.  I might have to bring my own towel to sop up the drool!  Now if I just win that mega millions she'll be all mine! ;)

WOW!!!  Epic boldface fail there! :-[ :rotflmao:

The weather looks real sketchy for saturday. Told the wife thats good, keeps all the sissy's home. In fact, theres a good chance COG will have the whole javits center to themselves!!!  :D :D :D

We had a good snowy one some years back and the place was half empty.  I'm sure the economy didn't help either.... ;)

Well this sucks! Light snow and 25 for Saturday! How can I ride in that?!?!?!? It looks like the LIRR for Jr and I. On top of that I have to stop by one of my side jobs at 42nd and 7th and then head to the show. Hoping to be there by 10am.

So life has a way of throwing curve balls once in a while. I'm bending over to tie my shoes today and I coughed. I felt the muscle in my lower back pop I guess is a good word for it. I'm currently on icy hot and advil. Hopefully I'll be ok to get into the show tomorrow but I'm not very hopeful. I bought my tickets already and everything. Last time I did this it was every other day to the chiropractor for 2 weeks before I could stand straight up again.

Looking forward to seeing you guys there. Hopefully this time I don't get lost and miss you all!

Will be bringing my friend Martin with me. He's been off bikes for a few years, and is thinking of getting one again. Maybe we can convince him to get a Connie this time (his last was an FJR...)

KevinRLI said:
So life has a way of throwing curve balls once in a while. I'm bending over to tie my shoes today and I coughed. I felt the muscle in my lower back pop I guess is a good word for it. I'm currently on icy hot and advil. Hopefully I'll be ok to get into the show tomorrow but I'm not very hopeful. I bought my tickets already and everything. Last time I did this it was every other day to the chiropractor for 2 weeks before I could stand straight up again.

Hope your back cooperates with you & you're able to make it to the show today kevin. I know how debilitating back pain can be.  ???

Hope you all have fun, I'll be driving though NY this morning on my way to Boston but unfortunately could not manage to squeeze in even a few hours to walk around the show

I'm not making it in today. Just got back from the chiropractor and if I'm lucky I may be able to make it into the show tomorrow. Rather have back issues now than riding season :)

Sorry to hear that Kevin- hope it works out for you.

You do know that sounds like the beginning of some kind of proctologist joke, right? '...I was bending over and coughed and something went pop....'  :-\ :D

Brian

KevinRLI said:

Roger M. said:
Had a great time at the show today. Thank you Terry for putting the dinner gathering together. Lots of laughs as usual. Susan even got to meet a drunk christmas tree!!!  :rotflmao: :D here are some pics...http://s1316.photobucket.com/user/roger631/slideshow/NYC%20motorcycle%20show%202013

Yes a great time was had by all as usual.  Although Roger was unable to get a picture of my look of abject horror as said drunken Christmas tree almost collapsed on me!  I might have enjoyed the experience had she been in the least attractive..... :beerchug:

Tir Na Nog turned out to be a good choice for the smaller group we had but being the holiday season we were lucky to get a table.  Our two latecomers (they decided to go to Nat Sherman for a cigar break before dinner) had to sit at the late comers table by themselves...and then proceeded to get served before us!  Life ain't fair I tells yas! :))

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season! 

Lol, yup, that Christmas tree was so on top of you Terry, you looked like a present!! Your eyes shut tight in terror was a sight to behold but distracted me from snapping a picture. I'm going to practice being ready with the camera, may need to ask Andrea or Pat for some pointers, they seem to always be ready.  :)