• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Newb looking for Connie

PerusTC

Street Cruiser
I have a friend looking for a connie around 2300-2500 bucks in the Mid-west.I told him I would post here first to see if there were any interested parties.He can't travel far.he just lost both of his parents.We would appreciate your prayers and kind thoughts.Thank you.

Well, I was still trying to figure out how yo not sell her but I am afraid that my 92 is going to have to get sold.
She has 103k miles on her but you would never know it. I got her a few months ago and have fallen in love with the connie and will have another one but here are some details.
Got it with a detailed note book of maintenance which was a big deal to me. Since I have gotten her I have:
Replaced cam chain
Replaced cam chain rear guide
Replaced cam chain tensioner
installed Snarf block off plates
installed stick coils
Serviced with Mobil1 as always done according to PO
Valves adjusted
Added bra
Added rifle windshield setup
added knee savers peg lowering set
installed Snarf highway pegs which I removed but still have (they are nice but knee injury wont let me use)
Corbin seat with red piping to match red pinstripe
Heated grips
Great tires
comes with original side covers for when bags removed
missing latch on right bag that locks it to frame
new gel grips
Ram mount for DROIDX but changeable
cruise worked but just stopped working, I have not trouble shot it

Sorry hit return :))
Anyway it is a nice bike with miles. I got a great deal on it when I bought it and have enjoyed the time and miles but life and some problems force my hand to sell her. I was planning on posting it this weekend but saw this post.
I am in Central Illinois and with what she has and known history I would say $1500 is more than fair. :'(
pic before Corbin added

Attachments

• 92Connie2small.jpg
    92Connie2small.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 84
I have a connie available in the ~$2500 price range. 
1998, approx 70K miles
very good-excellent condition
Rifle windscreen
Givi E52 top case w/ wired brake light & passenger back pad
Givi mount
Tank bra
Corbin seat
Progressive springs
Handlebar double Ram ball mount
12v accessory plug installed in left side glove box
Switched relay wired for aux lights (no lights included)
Original bag mount side covers and luggage rack covers
OEM tool kit
Relatively new Avon tires
Recent carb rebuild & valve adjust
will include 12V tire inflator stored in right side cover
always used Spectro Golden semi-synth oil
Factory & Clymer service manuals

Wow, That's a great price. Such a deal. Your practically giving this bike away. I've seen this bike and it's pretty nice. And even though the mileage seems high. It's really not that high on these bikes.

S Smith said:
I have a connie available in the ~$2500 price range. 
1998, approx 70K miles
very good-excellent condition
Rifle windscreen
Givi E52 top case w/ wired brake light & passenger back pad
Givi mount
Tank bra
Corbin seat
Progressive springs
Handlebar double Ram ball mount
12v accessory plug installed in left side glove box
Switched relay wired for aux lights (no lights included)
Original bag mount side covers and luggage rack covers
OEM tool kit
Relatively new Avon tires
Recent carb rebuild & valve adjust
will include 12V tire inflator stored in right side cover
always used Spectro Golden semi-synth oil
Factory & Clymer service manuals

That is a great deal. Maybe I wont get enough for my nine to make it worth selling... 8)

Cap'n Bob said:
Wow, That's a great price. Such a deal. Your practically giving this bike away. I've seen this bike and it's pretty nice. And even though the mileage seems high. It's really not that high on these bikes.

Hmmm...  am I pricing it too low?  :-\

Thx to all who replied.I have given info to my friend.It is now up to him.I am sure he will let someone know if he is interested. ;)