• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Newbie from Northern Virginia

Just picked up my silver '11 last night. I joined the forum about a month ago. Now that I have the bike I can become a full member. ;D I live in Culpeper & work in Manassas, so I'll get to ride about 2 hrs a day. I am a fleet maintenance manager for roll-off company with all Mack trucks. 42 years old, wife, two kids, 3 dogs and a mortgage. Ride home was about 100 miles, so it was a good test ride. A lot different than the KLR650 I just sold.
I bought a pdf version of the '08-09 service manual for few bucks several weeks ago while I was researching, and have been reading through it. On the way home I was readjusting the mirrors and they moved OK a little, and then they didn't seem to want to move further. I'm trying to push them down a little more. Can't find anything in the owner's manual or service manual on adjustment. Is there a tension adjustment that I can loosen, position the mirror and then re-tighten? 

Scott Bechler

Welcome Scott! Like Steve said, they're probably a little stiff being new, They will move with a little pressure. It's better to have this then have them loose and moving on you!  :)

Welcome Scott,
Hey why aren't people like that?  As we get older joints tighten up.  Enjoy the ride.