• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Newbie from South Central

timsatx

Training Wheels
Howdie y'all. Many years ago I joined up on one of the forums and my wish at that time was to get me a Connie. It has taken me awhile but I have finally done it. Just today I purchased a 2002 model with just under 31,000 miles on it. I am wondering if it formerly belonged to a member. It seems to have some Murph's bar ends and hand grips. The seat cover needs replacement and the temperature gauge doesn't appear to work but all in all I think fairly minor things and the price was right (I think) at $3,500. I also had to add that it has a Cee Bailey windshield.
2002KawasakiConcours.jpg
My old bike (I still have it) is a 1992 Honda Nighthawk 750. I just replace the chain and sprockets and rebuilt the forks using Progressive Springs so hopefully it will sell soon. Tim

Welcome Tim, I am the area director if you need anything. It looks like your COG number is 8985. We have an Area Page here, you can get to it by going to the main home page and look for the area page link on the left. Not much on the calendar during the winter but maybe a couple ride to eats will pop up. Look for rides in march-may. Most planing start to happen after the holidays. Photos[/url]

Bob, thank you for the welcome and for the COG number. I was wondering what it was since I hadn't seen anything about it yet. I was actually hoping for the number 10000, but you know what they say, 'want in one hand and spit in the other and see what you get' ;) Tim

Looks like you found yourself a nice bike. Some minor stuff and she'll be perfect! Congrats and welcome to COG. Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 (2.0) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250
2211123920053849446TvPbOP_th.jpg
6n2c6z

Tim, nice bike, and you should be able to put another 175,000 miles on it before any major work might be needed. Not knowing when your new membership date was, please contact our membership director for any questions regards when your new member package might arrive. Welcome to the club, and hope your stay is enjoyable. Please try to get involved with something as soon as possible, as that will make your introduction faster and much more fun .Bob Smith can always use help and ideas for COG. >membership@cog-online.org<

I think they say 4-6 weeks for new member packs in the text. I would not be worried yet. Photos[/url]

Welcome Tim. I'm sure you'll just love your Connie. I just bought mine last summer and I'm still smiling. Wish I could be out there riding it.

Tim - send a note to membership. Things have gone AWOL in the mail before or it could just be a simple mistake. -- Steve Smith, COG #3184 COG Northeast Area Director (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.