• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Newbie to Connies

poppi

Big Wheel
Peace from Connecticut.

i always wanted a Connie and recently had the opportunity to purchase a 2003. this is ridin'.  haven't put enough miles on it yet to have a problem but i'm enjoying the journey. if there are any tips that i should know about holla at me.

thanx :)

Welcome Poppi.
There's a vast wealth of info available from the Concours Owners Group membership.  Even more opportunity for lasting friendships than for tech advice.  I hope you have the time of your life with Connie and the COG.  Again, welcome.

Hey Poppi!
Rev is right! There are lots of great people here and some incredible advice. I have had my 06 a bit over a month now and have learned tons from here. I would suggest hitting the C10 "the bike" section as there is lots of info there. Some of the guys here have done extensive modifications and offer updated parts to ease service along with prefomance mods. The stories are great and there is an area on safety that I found helpful being a street bike newbie. A fun and informative read is the Connie Droppers Anonymous section as this bike is top heavy, especially with that big ole tank filled to the top. (they make tip over bars for that!) Just enjoy yourself and feel free to post a question. The guys and gals here love to help! :)

Welcome Poppi. I had an 03 and still miss that bike. I loved the color. I also want to welcome you from the NE Area of COG. I see your not too far from me. I'm just a short ride from you in NY. I was out your way this weekend riding with a bunch of cogger's. The NE area is one of the more active area's in COG. You should check into a COG membership. Maybe you would be interested in becoming part of the club!
Here's a link to the benefits of being a member:
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/ClubStatic.cfm?clubID=1328&pubmenuoptID=16270

The C10 section of the forum has lots of information and idea's for your bike. Plus there's a lot of knowledgeable people who can answer questions that you may have besides. So welcome to the forum and good luck. Maybe I'll see you at a future event. Although it winds down a little this time of year with the cold and snow. Things do still go on.
I'll be having a meet and greet in Newburgh (NY) on Dec 11th. Your more than welcome to join us. And riding there on the bike is not a requirement!  ;)

Welcome Nice to be a COGger in CT.  There are a lot of us.  The New England group is pretty active, IMHO.  When I go to NY for BBARs RTEs and other rides towards NY or western CT, I will usually ride really close to New Haven, usually catching I-691 or maybe CT34 or CT25 (depending).  When you elect to join us on these rides, drop me a PM and we can hook up. :)

Hi Poppi - Welcome to the world of the Concours.  There is a wealth of info in the www.cog-online.org tech pages, and additional info available in the member library if you decide to become a dues paid member of COG.  As others have said, COG members in and around Connecticut are very active. Watch the Calendar of Events and the forum for scheduled and impromptu club activities.

Welcome Poppi,  Yep the North East COG is very strong with lots of members and activity.  I would move up there but I think I would only make it half way before hitting snow this time of year.  :p  That you can keep.