• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Next ride in California

larry.bogle

Tricycle
Connie is being loaded into moving truck tomorrow. Goodbye (temporarily) to Wisconsin, Army is moving me to California. Next ride will be in the Mountain View/Bay area. Hope this is a good assignment!

Hey, LaB,

Where are they posting you in the Bay Area?  I work at Moffett Field (civilian), and we have a few Army employees here, so just curious.

Cool, I work on the NASA side.  When you get settled, shoot me a message, maybe we can have lunch sometime.  :great:

Hey LaB & GFinCA...

I work fairly close to Moffet Field (Maude Ave in Sunnyvale...off the 237). Maybe we can all meet up for a lunch or something.

Willkommen to the Bay Area. We're starting to get a good sized group, maybe we can start our own monthly dinner routine like the Sac'to guys.

Jim P
San Hosay

LaB,

Let us know when you're in town and settled in. We can try to schedule a day/evening when we can all meet up for lunch or dinner.

Big Poppa said:
LaB,

Let us know when you're in town and settled in. We can try to schedule a day/evening when we can all meet up for lunch or dinner.

Sounds good, Big.  Lunch is usually better for me, since I actually live in the Central Valley and commute home every night.

JPavlis_CA said:
Willkommen to the Bay Area. We're starting to get a good sized group, maybe we can start our own monthly dinner routine like the Sac'to guys.

Jim P
San Hosay

Sounds like a great idea, Jim.  I live equidistant between Sac and San Jose, but I could probably swing a Bay Area monthly dinner more easily, since I would already be in the area for work.  I nominate you to make it happen.  :)

Wow GF! Your commute is crazier than mine!

I'm guessing you're pulling a 150 mile or so round trip? I'm pulling a 90+ mile round trip myself.

Maybe we can try to setup a monthly dinner in Pleasanton/LibMo so you'll be closer to home. Just a thought. :)

Big Poppa said:
Wow GF! Your commute is crazier than mine!

I'm guessing you're pulling a 150 mile or so round trip? I'm pulling a 90+ mile round trip myself.

Maybe we can try to setup a monthly dinner in Pleasanton/LibMo so you'll be closer to home. Just a thought. :)

Yeah, about that many miles, but I ride a commuter train, and work a 4/10 schedule along with some telecommuting, so it could be a lot worse.  Pleasanton/ Livermore would be great, but that might not be as convenient for others.  I think the important thing is to get something going, then we can talk about the options.