• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

nice stock C-10 seat?

aphill45

Tricycle
Comfort on a motorcycle seat is a very subjective topic....I know just as many riders who hate the stock seat--and buy Corbins or Mustangs--as there are riders who love the stock seat.  I'm one of those who LIKES the stock seat; and I'm looking for a nice one to put on my black 1993 C-10.  If one of you 'Corbin-lovers' are looking to get rid of their stock C-10 seat--that they no longer have a use for--get in touch with me--we'll negotiate a price!
    Please! No junk! if it's a ripped up mess, that's been home to a family of mice, lying underneath your deck for the past 5 years, I'll graciously PASS on it....but if you have a NICE seat--that's better than the one I have now (mine's 18 yrs old!) send me some pix of it!

Might be a dumb question, but are you wanting an old gen seat or a new gen seat?  I would assume an old one becuase of your bike year.

Are you saying that you have a corbin for trade?  I would be interested if thats the case

Snarf I think hes wanting a better looking stock seat than the one he has now. 

Aphill I have both a new gen and old gen I'd be willing to sell if the price is right. Let me know.

Ahhh...Mr. Bohanan....you and I are on the same page! I have no idea of the difference between a 'new generation' seat, and an "old generation" seat....all I need to know is; 1) is it in very nice shape--with no flaws, rips, or scuff marks?....and;  2) Will fit on a 1993 C-10???  If you can answer YES! to both of those questions, (and if you have some pictures of it to send, it would be appreciated) email me at : aphill45@verizon.net and we'll do more negotiating! Thanks!  And NO...I do not have a Corbin to trade--just looking for a better replacement seat; as the other gentleman stated....

aphil,
If you are accustomed to and loving the 1993 stock seat, you may find a 94 and later seat an attrocity.  THey are pretty, but NOTHING at all like the early generation seats that came on the 93 model.  If indeed you are already riding a late model seat and like it (I knew there was someone that liked these somewhere) then any post 93 seat should please you.  I took my late model seat and had it rebuilt into something a bit more like the early model.  JC Wit-less has seat covers available for the early models for around $60 IIRC.  Just a heads up for ya.

EDIT TO ADD:
OK, a little cheaper than I thought at $49.99.
http://tinyurl.com/3kysndm

Has anyone seen a JC cover? Just wondering about the quality.

Anyway, if you are going to change your seat cover your self, go for it, but do invest in a heavy duty electric stapler. I did mine with a hand stapler, and while it did the job, about half or more of the staples did not go in enough enough to hold, and it was tough to hold the seat cover in place and staple at the same time. I added a layer of rebond carpet padding under the stock seat foam of my '88, and glued some pieces on top because the seat cover I installed was of the later design. Someone also posted about relocating the igniter and removing the wedge shaped cavity provided for it in the seat pan.

Seargent also offers ready made install yourself seat covers: Sargent Cycle Products - Ready-Fit Do-It-Yourself Seat Covers. I haven't seen these either but I would bet they are higher quality than JC.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input.....I didn't know where the 'dividing line' was, between the 'old style' seats, and the "newer" (less comfortable?) seats.....seems that if I find a newer seat, it will be in better shape and LOOK nicer, but will lack the comfort of my '93's seat.(?)  I guess the optimum find is a pre-1993 seat, that's been immaculately preserved for the last 15 years or so, and the owner wants it out of his way, and is willing to sell it cheaply! (I won't hold my breath...) I'm also considering having my old seat "redone"...but again, finding someone who can recover it AND make it comfortable, is something I have no experience with...so any additional advice along those lines would be appreciate too. If you know of anybody who does good work in that field at a reasonable price--LMK!!! I probably should mention that my 'old seat' really doesn't look THAT bad....I could live with it, if I HAD to....but I would like to make it prettier.....I realize that you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, and, an 18-yeard old seat will never get any better on it's own...(the scrapes and flaws don't magically "heal-up"), so I'm still hoping somebody has a nice 93-or-older for sale!  Just my thoughts on the matter.....

motorcycle_instructor said:
I have a 2000 stock seat in great shape. I just put a corbin on, so the stock is available. I can take pics if interested.

~Scott
817-312-1779

I have a 92 and a Corbin with seams torn but may be intrested in the stock 2000 seat. Will they fit the 93? how much you want.

I understand Corbin will rebuild there seats, anyone ever done this and know what they charge.