• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

No drops - ever

ironjack

Bicycle
Not bragging, just kind of posting in amazement. I have been riding since I was 18, and am now 66 and have never dropped one of my bikes. Is there something wrong with me, or am I just very lucky? I don't know what it is, but I guess I should be grateful after reading some of these posts. :beerchug:

You obviously have too much respect for gravity and can't possibly enjoy riding ???
Wish I could say same for me.
Jorge

It is amazing.  Why am I sensing a followup post with a bunch of these...... :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

I did put it into print. I have laid down my '81 BMW R100RT once a few years ago entering a corner too hot for the bike's capabilities. Fortunately for me, I never hit the road, but when the bike hit the farmers field I went down and destroyed the fairing. Did hurt the forks or anything on the frame, but fairing was gone.  So, while I have never dropped a bike, I have certainly hit the ground on one. There, does that make you droppers feel better?  :truce:

I have never dropped any of my bikes, I am just too careful as I would be so mad at preventable damage.
        I have totaled one in the 80's though, a drunk made a left hand turn in front of me, lots of damage, snapped femur etc.

Ironjack- You and I are a rare breed, or just lucky or too careful (bikes gotta look good sittin there) :)

Just lucky I guess. I have nearly went down in pea gravel parking lots through the years, but I enter them very carefully and have both feet down like outriggers.

Ironjack, my Dad went down in pea gravel a few years back and was doing 10 mph or less and he became partially paralyzed and that was the end of his motorcycling. He was in the M.C. "only the lonely" and was president of the "Bold riders" in Wisconsin. Needless to say he kind of frowns on me riding. That is why I am extra careful going slow speeds and thus have not dropped my C-10.

Well Ironjack, I am 65, have not dropped one either but than again most of life I road a 150-200 lb. lighter bike so that sure helped (my Yamaha Vision). 

This will be my second full summer with the Connie and from reading these posts and my own experience with this bike, you sure have to be careful you don't get yourself in a bad spot with this wonderful machine,  it will not be forgiving!

In some sports if your not falling your not learning and getting better. In this instance I say good for you. The horror, embarrassment and drain on the pocket book of dropping a motorcycle is not something you wish on people. The first thing I added to my Conni is the canyon cages in hopes that a tip over would just require a bit of black touch up paint and no real damage to the bike or pocket book. Good on you!

Not bragging, just kind of posting in amazement. I have been riding since I was 18, and am now 66 and have never dropped one of my bikes

Ok so please share this new anti gravity farkle, where does it attach and does it put alot of strain on poor connies electrical system.. :)

Irish GTR said:
Not bragging, just kind of posting in amazement. I have been riding since I was 18, and am now 66 and have never dropped one of my bikes

Ok so please share this new anti gravity farkle, where does it attach and does it put alot of strain on poor connies electrical system.. :)

The only anti gravity farkle is your brain and no strain on the electrical, just a few more grey hairs LOL

Ironjack said:
Is there something wrong with me, or am I just very lucky?
I'd say you were very lucky right up until last Sunday, just before midnight.  Best of luck in the future!  :(