• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

North Dakota adventures?

ratherberiding

I have a riding buddy that lives in Saskatchewan, If I enter MN  Baudette or International Fall and head west into ND and he starts @ Portal ND where are some good places to ride for 2-3 days with out heading south into the Black Hills?

There really aren't any places to entertain you in ND. Pleasant, uncrowded riding, yes. Nice folks, yes. Good riding, sorry, no. Flowriduh has much better roads for riding than ND does. That should speak volumes.

Head for the Hills.

Northern Minnesota may be a better option? Never actually ridden there, but its gotta be better than North Dakota, and not as far as Black Hills.

Yes, it is pretty flat.  The Salyer wildlife refuge and the upper and lower Souris area might be good for finding a curve or two.  Just guessing.  Certainly peaceful, open land.

If you guys are into geeky things like me, you may consider compiling a list of ND ghost towns and finding as many as possible,  Who knows what you'll find.  There are many listed.  Also abandoned and old bridges.

After that, as stated before, head for the hills.

Yeah, not exactly curve heaven up there. I would take the Black Hills advice, or head over towards Kenora above the MN chimney. Some fairly nice lake ridden area over there. Or, burn if further west and hit Glacier. What dates are you thinking?

Thanks every one, Hi again Brian, looking at the beginning of September!! Planning a head, I love the trail from Little Marais to International Falls in MN but meeting my chum from Saskatchewan and wondering what is out there in ND. Drove that area 25 yrs ago running double in the big truck but that was all Big road Driving.