• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Northeast Iowa Ride-to-Eat September 8

Jerry Roland

NE Iowa Ride-to-Eat.  Back for the fourth year, we’ll try a Sunday this time and see how it suits people.  Come ride the beautiful Mississippi River bluffs and enjoy lunch at the oldest roadhouse west of the Mississippi, Breitbach’s in Balltown IA.  Riders from Iowa, the Twin Cities, Chicagoland and south Wisconsin can easily make this a pleasant day trip, so come on out.  Plan your own route or contact others along the way.  Plan to arrive around noon for lunch at 12:30. 

Ahhhh  county route 9 through Balltown - forget eating!  If the hockey scheduling gods allow me a day off, am in. 

Anyone riding from burbs area let me know - rt 64,  rt 20,  rt smaller roads with no numbers - all good for getting there... Cross the river at DuBuque and up to Balltown.  Afterward, some of the best Midwest riding awaits.  Love that ride!  Thanks for calling it Jerry

Jerry, unless the forecast absolutely falls apart (cause who wants to ride those roads slow in the rain), I'll be heading out riding with Rick from IL on his C14 - or whatever other bike that mad man feels like riding.

For now - BP on rt 64 in Oregon IL at 9am....  Let me know if anyone is planning to meet us there so we can stay in touch should anything change.

Cobber from IA?  Where you at Cobber? 

Darn- missed by a month.  If you guys hold one at Offshore in Bellevue I just might make the ride up from Nashville.

Dave - or anyone else, just a heads up.  Rick and I are now meeting in Lanark, IL at 9:30.  We both kinda remember a gas station on rt 64 (very small town).  If we are wrong about the gas station being on rt 64, we'll be at the intersection of rt 64 and 73.   

I am tentatively in for this.  I was planning to take a ride on Sunday and this sounds like a great option.

Weather, roads, food and conversation all promise to be first-rate.  And I will have door prizes.  Yes, actual motorcycle-related prizes worth tens of dollars!  That should help you be less tentative.

Jerry R said:
Weather, roads, food and conversation all promise to be first-rate.  And I will have door prizes.  Yes, actual motorcycle-related prizes worth tens of dollars!  That should help you be less tentative.

Yup, great folks, roads and weather.  Thanks again Jerry. 

Although, for spending 8 hours with me, karma should of brought a prize Rick's way ....  :nananana:

Jerry,

Thanks for putting together a great meet and eat for us.

It's probably a good thing I live in the flat land of Illinois because Iowa and Wisconsin offer some incredible twisty, curvey (S) roads.  :)

Another great door prize of a bungee net, thanks.

Dave N.
COG 4475
Rockford Ill.

Thanks to all for coming and making the event the best-attended ever.  We'll do it on a Sunday again next year.  After seeing that buffet we should call it a MEAT and Greet.

A couple of weeks ago I lubed my saddlebag latches because they were sticking.  Now the latches will pop open if I hit a bump just right.  (Yes, the springs inside are OK.)  So I have to keep at least one of the latches locked or risk having the bag open while riding.  You can guess what I forgot to do before leaving Balltown.  Fortunately the bag was empty.

Low quality, unflattering pics attached.

Jerry

Attachments

• Breitbachs1.pdf
    84.7 KB · Views: 109
  • Breitbachs2.pdf
    61.7 KB · Views: 104
yep thanks for organizing Jerry and also thanks for the prizes. was a good afternoon riding. We left balltown and found are way up to Marquette to part ways with Angelo and Rick then we went on to Gays Mills (apples arent quite on yet)guess that means another trip  ;) We were just under 400 miles for the trip.