• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

northwest buncooler

Right now looking at Thurs and Fri up. Get there Sat to Sun and back down through OR and Norcal Mon Tues. Have a google map of the route I'm looking at. Try to figure a way to post.

The Bun Cooler is a lot of fun. Good People, good food. Going up Lo Lo pass is a bucket trip which needs to be done at least once. I think the Bun Cooler would need to be attended at least five times to check out all the roads to ride. I plan on being there this year and hope to see some of our neighbors from the south. If you do plan on coming up for the event, keep in mind motel rooms go quick  but there is an over fill motel close by. 

TimR said:
The Bun Cooler is a lot of fun. Good People, good food. Going up Lo Lo pass is a bucket trip which needs to be done at least once. I think the Bun Cooler would need to be attended at least five times to check out all the roads to ride. I plan on being there this year and hope to see some of our neighbors from the south. If you do plan on coming up for the event, keep in mind motel rooms go quick  but there is an over fill motel close by.
All the big guns are in the Navy but the accurate ones are in the Marine Corps. Good on ya Tim. I'm planning on making it. C ya there? :beerchug:

Pulled the trigger on the room reservations for the bun cooler today. Still looking for sowest folks to join up. Join up halfway up, halfway down? Full boat? Let's dance. :beerchug:

That sounds  like a really fun trip, unfortunately I can't go my June is completely filled. So is May. Mark, if you want to do Southwestern Colorado and Southern Utah possibly in August or end of July I would.....

Buncooler bump. Beginning final countdown. Anyone looking to join up for a part of the ride lemme know. Hendo NV to Elko NV to Kamiah ID through WA, OR, Nor Cal and back. See you on the road?

Next to last countdown bump. Prep is underway. Changed routes. Now going over Lolo pass to Yellowstone and back down through Utah for the back trip. Ya'll know you want to get out of the heat.

Mark, if your coming back through Utah, I recommend using hwy 89 as much as you can, especially south of Provo. Much more scenic and not nearly the traffic. And in southern Utah close to Bryce and Zion national parks.

postrucks said:
Mark, if your coming back through Utah, I recommend using hwy 89 as much as you can, especially south of Provo. Much more scenic and not nearly the traffic. And in southern Utah close to Bryce and Zion national parks.
Hey Pos, How ya been? Are you planning that CO. ride yet? I'll take a look at that route. Is that the one through Marysville?

Yeah, 89 does go through Maryville. If you are pressed for time and going to do I15 instead,  Let me suggest a couple of slight deviations. South of Provo take the Payson exit and go up Payson canyon taking the Mt Nebo loop ending basically at Nephi, Ut. Haven't been on this road in years so can't say how maintained it is but it is a fun twisty with awesome views (might call UDOT for road info). From Nephi you can just blast down the freeway to Parowan, again take the exit go up the canyon to Brian Head making sure to stop at Cedar Breaks. Then back to 89 at Tod's junction. Go south to Mount Carmel turnoff to the east entrance of Zion national park. Well worth the time even to just ride through the park. After leaving the park you go through some small towns back out to I15 north of St. George. I didn't give much detail but just google map it, point being the time through Zion is especially worth it .
By the way haven't done any planning for Colorado......

I think we did some of these on our last So. UT trip but I'll check. Thanks for the suggestions. Hope not to be pressed for time but may be a little road weary. Get on that CO trip. It sounds like fun and I'm pretty sure we would be in. :)

Last bump. Almost time to kick the tires and light the fires. Doesn't look like the weather could be any better. Polished and purty, tightened and lightened. Let's dance. :motonoises:

Great ride and Highly recomended. From Hendo to elko flat and straight but beautiful desert vistas. From Elko to Boise a really nice road. Mostly straight but a couple of 10 to 20 mile canyons that were really nice. Boise traffic and temps sucked but once out into the river canyons were great. To the cage drivers, I'll wait until we pass 3 slow traffic turn outs then I'm passing your ass. Into Kamiah and met some fellow coggers, oggled some farkles, had a good dinner and nighty night. Woke to rain, packed in rain, dressed in rain and rode out in rain (Hey, it's the Nor west) Great ride up Lolo pass (same message to cage drivers, may have pissed some off. Sorry) into west Yellowstone. Got up in the morning to more rain. Was expecting full rain gear day again but after breakfast God smiled and it was dry and sunshine. Stuck behind a buffalo herd (Bison) but thats OK. Wished we had more time to do the touristy thing but the counterweight got some great pic's from the back at speed. Through the Grand TETons into Park City UT. Got up early to avoid the temps and rode home. Great trip and I can cross Lolo Pass off of my bucket list. May join up next year to explore more ID roads. Thanks Nor West group. It was really nice.