• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Not once, but twice!

bcasinger

Big Wheel
OK, so I take a camping trip into Nevada and stop for the night in a campground with sandy gravelly roads. All is well until I pack up the next morning. My rear rack is piled high with duffel bag, sleeping bag, tent, etc., and I add that one last piece to the top of the heap...and the kickstand sinks into the dirt and she flops like an opportunistic NBA player. Then to add insult to injury, I muscle her up and she flops onto the other side! Daaaaaang...maybe I should have unloaded her first.

Lol, sorry not really funny for you, but this will prevent you from sinking into anything again:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kickstand-Sidestand-Plate-Pad-For-KAWASAKI-Ninja-ZX14-ZX-14R-GTR1400-Concours-14-/231552709857?fits=Make%3AKawasaki%7CModel%3AConcours+14&var=&hash=item35e99df4e1:m:mcwffHgyd5Q2-a5ehWgtDlA&vxp=mtr

Of course, I had a bit of the other problem....I parked on a tad upside of a hill and the extra 1/4" thickness of the pad cause the bike to gently fall on me while I was digging into the right saddlebag, no damage at all, except that my foot was trapped, and got very bruised, under the foot peg.....or center stand, I'm not 100% sure. But there I was for what seem like an eternal minute, completely trapped with the bike in my lap, until I asked another rider who was slowly passing by for help- as the girl was too fat for me to get off my foot. Yeah.....smo-o-o-oth....
:-[