• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NOTICE TO ALL OtP CANDIDATES

Ranger Jim

Sport Tourer
Voting will end at midnight on 3 March 2019 and the votes will be counted and verified shortly thereafter.  You will receive an email PRIOR to the official announcement of the winner and runner-up so keep a close eye on your email. Upon receipt of said email, PLEASE respond to it and keep the information confidential until the official announcement is made.

Again, WATCH YOUR EMAIL CLOSELY AFTER 3 MARCH!

Now is also the time to really get out the vote so it's time to get your campaign into the next gear.  How badly do YOU want to go OtP?

Ranger Jim said:
How badly do YOU want to go OtP?

So badly that I'd take on this food challenge André posted on Facebook as well as the Surströmming!

6E2bJ0N.jpg

VOTE FOR ED! CLICK HERE TO VOTE!

Suggestion to the Candidates:
    The Official Announcement will not be given to the COGdom until "all" the candidates have been contacted and replied.
      So, Prior to March 3;  PM/Email Jim a contact note with correct Email address and phone number where you can be reached quickly.
      When you receive his message,  reply to his note immediately so the official announcement can be made..

Best of luck to all of you!!

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Jim, will I be contacted too?
        After all, I "are" an unofficial candidate.  {I figure I will have "lots" of Write-in votes}  :great:

Ted, you may rest assured that I will "reach out and TOUCH" you. It may be with the Flog-o-matic but still ... . :motonoises:

Ranger Jim said:
Ted, you may rest assured that I will "reach out and TOUCH" you. It may be with the Flog-o-matic but still ... . :motonoises:

I'm somewhat uncomfortable with this.....  though I'm sure not as uncomfortable as Ted should be.  :hee20hee20hee:

Your right. I've been bad. I deserve to be punished...  :'(

I think everyone should send Write-in votes to Jim/Mark, and make Ted go "OtP" for more punishment!!! :-\
        The extreme cruelty of the Eu/"OtP" team is known throughout the world.
            The meanies even invented the Flog-OHhh-matic!!!

Ride safe, Ted

I reluctantly withdraw my nomination for 2019 OTP Traveler.
It is primarily for personal reasons, family issues.
I thank all those involved especially those COG members, my family and friends who voted and donated to OTP.
Thank you all. I apologize for the late withdrawal.
Good luck and safe travel to the winner!
Dan Paulsen COG 2877

I just got off the phone with Dan. Needless to say he's disappointed as are all of us.  :??:  Best of wishes to you Dan. Hope everything turns out okay.

Dan and I discussed what to do with his votes.  I will be presenting the plan to Mark, Chief Slave Laborer - USA.

TCARS Dan. Hope to see you sometime soon.

Ranger Jim said:
I just got off the phone with Dan. Needless to say he's disappointed as are all of us.  :??:  Best of wishes to you Dan. Hope everything turns out okay.

Dan and I discussed what to do with his votes.  I will be presenting the plan to Mark, Chief Slave Laborer - USA.

TCARS Dan. Hope to see you sometime soon.

But I called Dibs!!

I hate that he dropped out, but life happens.

With all due respect to everyone on the OtP team, and all of the candidates that worked hard to earn votes, Dan included, and all of the people that voted and donated both here, and on the other shore, at this point my opinion is that "cast votes are cast votes", and should not be something passed around or "gifted" to anyone by anyone. Especially 2 days before polling ends. I truly hope the other 3 remaining nominees agree...
so let let this finish out, with the dice that have been rolled... it's kinda like playing "Yahtzee" with 4 dice now... so nobody can yell "Yahtzeee".

I also want to say I understand the last minute decision Dan made, and feel bad, knowing exactly how hard that is to do..bt/dt.
:'(
This is why we have a "runner up", as any of us can have a need to change plans, no matter how much we want to be there.

to Ted and Kurt... remember, Buzzards DO eat other Buzzards...
buzzards.jpg

animals-vulture-roadkill-road_kill-road_kill-buzzard-bfrn423_low.jpg

I agree, or divide his votes "equally" between all the remaining "Candidates". (Yea, I know that's pointless)
Or,, "BETTER IDEA"  :great:  : turn his votes into write-in vote's for "TED" as I'm not a {official} "Candidate"… <evil grin>  >:D

PS: The "OtP" Team has checked on Dan.
                    All is well...

Ride safe, Ted

Ok, I was joking on the dibs comment. But dividing the votes is the same as not counting them.

But I will roll with what ever the OTP team decides.

Maybe allow this that voted for Dan to recast their votes but with in the current time line.

connie_rider said:
I agree, or divide his votes "equally" between all the remaining "Candidates".
Or,, "BETTER IDEA"  :great:  : turn his votes into write-in vote's for "TED" as I'm not a {official} "Candidate"… <evil grin>  >:D

PS: The "OtP" Team has checked on Dan.
                    All is well...

Ride safe, Ted

TED.... I'm sending the Buzzard....
boomerang-the-buzzard.png

i'll have to end you a vintage et of bumper stickers... very collectable...
1639160535358536465.jpg

might even take some OtP for foreign applications...
>:D
dividing votes "evenly" is not an option, as it negates all votes cast by action and by the choices a voter made based on the candidates at that time.

back to Ted....
ssssshhhhhhhh..
go play Yahtzee now, with 3 dice.

I'm truly sorry to hear that Dan has to drop out. Certainly hope all goes well for him, I can only imagine it was hard decision. He was probably the most deserving of this small group.

I would love to see a bigger field of nominees, not smaller. Some may want to be the only one & have it handed to them. Not me, a large field with some good friendly competition would be great. 20 -30 would be a great number to have.

As far as Dan's votes go, I think they should be considered dead. Or at least anyone that voted for Dan could have the option of voting for someone else. I personally don't want his split up/shared votes.

Thanks for the comments. Generous and show concern.
Hard decisions mellow out after having been made!
All is OK but I now see that I can't be gone even for a week. So even a retired guy can't get away!
I don't have final say but don't want my votes to be given to one candidate. Tipping the scales not fair including to those who voted for me.
Again I am fine but regret the late timing.

danodemotoman said:
Thanks for the comments. Generous and show concern.
Hard decisions mellow out after having been made!
All is OK but I now see that I can't be gone even for a week. So even a retired guy can't get away!
I don't have final say but don't want my votes to be given to one candidate. Tipping the scales not fair including to those who voted for me.
Again I am fine but regret the late timing.

:great: :great: ;)
you did a great campaign, and I admire ya for it... truthfully you were my only competition that worried me... I respect you highly....for your many years in COG and your contributions.
trying to come out of my "forced retirement" myself, I do understand where you are coming from... :great:

20-30 candidates! :-\  Geez Cliff!  Pretty danged obvious you aren't one of folks counting the votes! 5 was driving us crazy. :-[  ;)

Ranger Jim said:
20-30 candidates! :-\  Geez Cliff!  Pretty danged obvious you aren't one of folks counting the votes! 5 was driving us crazy. :-[  ;)

Yep, a large field of nominees would be great. Not to mention it would help out your math skills!  :nananana:

Late to the party (again) as I took yesterday off for a musical doubleheader...Willie Nelson in the afternoon, "Hamilton" in the evening. Loved both, loved the variety. But that's off topic...

I'm in agreement with Cliff: either those who voted for Dan are allowed to change their votes, or the votes are not counted.

Just Cliff said:
Yep, a large field of nominees would be great. Not to mention it would help out your math skills!  :nananana:

Especially if we implemented ranked voting! :)

Ranger Jim said:
:mad:  I just accidentally deleted all your votes. Sorry.  :)

You know you love me Jim!  :-*  You might hurt yourself though trying to be funny & count at the same time.  :) :nananana: :) :nananana: :)

Just Cliff said:
Ranger Jim said:
:mad:  I just accidentally deleted all your votes. Sorry.  :)

You know you love me Jim!  :-*  You might hurt yourself though trying to be funny & count at the same time.  :) :nananana: :) :nananana: :)
Break out the Tylenol!

Swampcat said:
Late to the party (again) as I took yesterday off for a musical doubleheader...Willie Nelson in the afternoon, "Hamilton" in the evening. Loved both, loved the variety. But that's off topic...

I'm in agreement with Cliff: either those who voted for Dan are allowed to change their votes, or the votes are not counted.
  But the "best idea is, give them all to "Ted" as Write-in votes!!

There, I fixed it for ya.  :great:

Ride safe, Ted

Actually, we did transfer all the votes from Dan to TED. Then we realized that TED was ineligible under Rule #7 so ... . :rotflmao:

MAN OF BLUES said:
truthfully you were my only competition that worried me.

I'm really gonna hate to disappoint you. Actually it's not going to at all, but you hang onto that thought!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Just Cliff said:
MAN OF BLUES said:
truthfully you were my only competition that worried me.

I'm really gonna hate to disappoint you. Actually it's not going to at all, but you hang onto that thought!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

roll em big boy...
giphy.gif

data.gif

don't mess wit' da bluesman.. no sir.. we got it in control...

https://youtu.be/_cLkmYkEpxA
http://youtu.be/_cLkmYkEpxA

:))

https://youtu.be/x6Q2uTqB3lM
http://youtu.be/x6Q2uTqB3lM

oh yeah..
https://youtu.be/OqnOI_86RNc
http://youtu.be/OqnOI_86RNc

and I'm just partial to 'dis one

so roll de'm dice..

https://youtu.be/DbxB4OMb3nU
http://youtu.be/DbxB4OMb3nU

watch out for snakeyes

And the tension mounts!  As Tom Petty said, the waiting is the hardest part.

Maybe  the OTP committee is suffering from "hanging chads..."  :rotflmao:

Ted probably is counting the votes and keeps getting to 20 (21?) and having to start over....  :))

No, no hanging chads (that I'm aware of). We're waiting in case the USPS delivers donation checks and non-member votes.  Of course, if everyone would send in some more donations we MIGHT be able to get the counting/re-counting/verifying/reverifying done a bit quicker. Or not. :)

Are you telling me that there is a number that comes after 21?
                          Why???                         
                        I like 21….

Lets see, where was I?
      Oh, I know,,,,,

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21    :-\

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
                          Why???                         
                        I like 21….

Lets see, where was I?
      Oh, I know,,,,,

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21    :-\

Ride safe, Ted

I THOUGHT you were spending way too much time "counting" appendage 21 and ..... well you know... get finished... :D

connie_rider said:
                          Why???                         
                        I like 21….

Lets see, where was I?
      Oh, I know,,,,,

Ride safe, Ted

pick out 2....
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

gotta love those stooges..... :))

caught Ted red handed... stuffing the ballot box with "TED Votes"

tumblr_ozs53cIg0L1qetnado1_400.gif

tenor.gif

then he got a bright idea....
curly-bug-out.gif

the fine art of distraction...
giphy.gif

iK4jv1.gif

Candidates:::
  Did you send The "OtP" Team a current way to contact each of you? "AS I INSTRUCTED"
    Have "any" of you read the schedule?
        Is your patience wearing thin?
                          :hum:

As the candidates seem just a bit anxious to hear the results, follow instruction's poorly, and can't read,,,,
    I thought I would brighten their day & post that schedule....
                            :rotflmao:  <evil grin>  :rotflmao:

2019        OTP XVII    Schedule
1-Jan            Announce start - "OtP" Facebook
5-Jan            Announce start - COG Forum
6-Jan            Present time table
12-Jan          Start donations and pledges
15-Jan          Open Nominations
1-Feb            Close Nominations
4-Feb            Contact Nominees
8-Feb            Nominees finalized
9-Feb            Announce Nominees
10-Feb          Voting Starts
3-Mar            Voting ends
3-5 Mar          Votes counted
5-Mar            Winner selected
6-Mar..10/12-Mar Winner & Runner up contacted & replies received
[size=18pt]10/12-Mar      Winner & Runner up presented[/size]
14-Mar          Begin detailed travel arrangements
29-Mar          Complete initial travel arrangements (having an idea)
1-Apr              Ticket purchased

PS: The quicker the candidates reply back to the "OtP" Team, the quicker the results can be made public.
              {bribes (errrr) Donations/$$ will be accepted...}
          -21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21  :-\
                                                                                                                                                  21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21- :-\
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21    :-\

Ride safe, Ted    :rotflmao:  <evil grin>  :rotflmao:

All candidates must supply their own Xanax.... 'cause it's gonna be a looong wait... 

connie_rider said:

We all know Ted got every vote, so why three days to count?  :-\  :)) :))

Swampcat said:
connie_rider said:

We all know Ted got every vote, so why three days to count?  :-\  :)) :))

We also know Ted will need time to count them....  lots of time....  lots and lots of time....  :hee20hee20hee:

Ranger Jim said:
Seriously. Some people still prefer to write out a check and mail it. ::)

I do for most things.  :) Gotta keep Marty employed.  :nananana:

Rasmith said:
COME ON COME ON COME ON COME ON ALREADY!!!  :mad:

The suspense is killing me :-[

It's nothing but a thing! Kick back & enjoy the ride.  :beerchug:

Ain't waiting fun??
  Have patience "..."grasshoppers '

The official "OtP" Team {Not me} is waiting to see if any more write-in votes arrive before contacting the Candidates.
  {My guess is; they received a "huge" amount of write-in votes for "TED"}...

The way I figure it; Because I'm not an official Candidate} that still won easily "their just a bit confused".
                            {NOTE: I probably won because of my "extremely" good looks and pleasing personality}.

Sooo, I assume they want to get the count exactly right, before breaking the "bad" news to the official candidates {Kurt/Cliff/Ed/Rich}.
                                          <evil grin>

Hmmmm, Lets see.
  Now, where was I?
      Oh, I know,,,, {write-in vote counting}---21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-"21"

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Ain't waiting fun??
  Have patience "..."grasshoppers '

The official "OtP" Team {Not me} is waiting to see if any more write-in votes arrive before contacting the Candidates.
  {My guess is; they received a "huge" amount of write-in votes for "TED"}...

The way I figure it; Because I'm not an official Candidate} that still won easily "their just a bit confused".
                            {NOTE: I probably won because of my "extremely" good looks and pleasing personality}.

Sooo, I assume they want to get the count exactly right, before breaking the "bad" news to the official candidates {Kurt/Cliff/Ed/Rich}.
                                          <evil grin>

Hmmmm, Lets see.
  Now, where was I?
      Oh, I know,,,, {write-in vote counting}---21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21-"21"

Ride safe, Ted
Dang it Ted, If the counting part is that hard for ya, maybe you could take your shoes off! :nananana: :nananana: :rotflmao: :D ;D

hate to be the party pooper...
but TED ain't they voting counter...

do you actually believe we would allow that???

no WAY muchacha's..

now, how long do we have to wait, for mailed checks to clear from OTP people, to clear, before you honer their votes.... just joking.. they are very "efficient'

so..... juSt tally the damned votes, received by the deadline... and GET IT  ON..." Right now... mmmkay?

SUBTERFUGE

and NO, it ain't F'ing fun, socking $200+ for an expradited  passport... while you laugh...\\
get on with it

Bud said:
Dang it Ted, If the counting part is that hard for ya, maybe you could take your shoes off! :nananana: :nananana: :rotflmao: :D ;D
There's only one way he's getting to 21....and that can't be a pretty sight.

Ha-haaaa, I got ya'll confused.
    I'm a LOT smarter than ya'll think I is..
              "I can almost count to 30"..

Everybody knows that 1-20 is "fingers/toes"...
  21 is my ""nose""...…………{I keep missing and sticking my finger in my eye}.
  22 is "mouth"..
  23-24 is "eyes"..
  25-26 is "ears".
  27-28 is "knees".
  29 is "belly button".
  30 is " uhh/well/uhh/err,,,,, "where I stop".

I've been posting all of this nonsense to keep the Candidates and supporters occupied while the "OtP" Team does the final count..
  {I think their stuck on "30"...}    :rotflmao:

Ride safe, Ted

Gee Ted, someone told me not long ago that planning for D-Day didn't take this long....    :rotflmao:

In all likelihood the notifications will go out to the candidates later tonight.  Old Man on a Connie (AKA: Mark Hartman, OtP Chief Slave Laborer USA) will make the "formal" announcement after that.

Ranger Jim said:
In all likelihood the notifications will go out to the candidates later tonight.  Old Man on a Connie (AKA: Mark Hartman, OtP Chief Slave Laborer USA) will make the "formal" announcement after that.

Nothing formal about OMC.... :nananana:

Results have been sent to all candidates. They've been sworn to secrecy until the OtP Chief Slave Laborer USA makes the announcement.

Congratulations to the OtP Traveller for 2019. :great: :motonoises:

Condolences to the rest; maybe next time. :beerchug: :)

Ranger Jim said:
Results have been sent to all candidates. They've been sworn to secrecy until the OtP Chief Slave Laborer USA makes the announcement.

Congratulations to the OtP Traveller for 2019. :great: :motonoises:

Condolences to the rest; maybe next time. :beerchug: :)

Looking forward to see who is going.  Congratulations to the winner.

Irene