• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Notron Commando

JHGoose

First, a very good and humorous article on the Norton Commando in the most recent Concourier. Just curious if anyone else noticed that the photo was a Norton P11A? or, am I the only guy here old enough to remember those fantastic machines? Ride Safe and God Bless

Nope! I remember a friend having a Commando back in my college days. Ooooh...that sound when he opened it up on the freeway...and me trying to catch him! ..dz.. 2003 Concours

The Commando's are great bike. I had two that I sold 2 yrs ago when raising money to build my next house. Wish I could have kept the good one.......

Almost. It's a P11. The P11A has low pipes. I sold my P11A to buy my Concours. Still have an 850 Commando.

Yes, it was a P11 and it was all I could find on my drive when pressured greatly (and yet again) by our fine editor. Nice to see poeple notice these things but the P11 had almost the same motor as the 750 Commando (they both blew in similar fashions). It essentially had straight pipes on it and my buddy could blow great flames out the back. Glad you liked the story.