• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NW rally - have I missed something?

cafet100

Mini Bike
I thought I saw a post about a NW rally in early June 2014. Am I going daft? I cannot find anything. I was hoping to combine with a trip over to California.

Might be thinking of the Bun Cooler which is end of May 1st of June. This rally is always good for some fun. Good roads, good food and great people. 

wyomingpat said:
Old Man on a Connie said:
Could be the SW regional May 30,31 June 1 in Prescott AZ.  :)
that is a bit off route for San Fran !
From Wyoming? Naw, just a different L shape.  :)) The Bun Cooler is a great event. BTDT twice. But then Prescott could be MUCH warmer  :) (Unabashed shameless and self serving plug) :beerchug:

Pretty sure that I read where Dan P was going to organize a NW Regional in Montana this year. Hopefully not in "Eastern" Montana. LOL

DamDan said:
Pretty sure that I read where Dan P was going to organize a NW Regional in Montana this year. Hopefully not in "Eastern" Montana. LOL
Eastern MT would be OK if you want to ride in a straight line.......for hours ;D

We haven't been in Montana for a while. The Canadians might like it too. I looked at possibly Libby, they have a fair amount of accomodations. Or closer to Flathead lake or as in deer Lodge? Montana doesn't have lots of tight, twisty roads, but it does have a wide open feel in the west. Plenty of time to sort it out.

motovetro said:
We haven't been in Montana for a while. The Canadians might like it too. I looked at possibly Libby, they have a fair amount of accomodations. Or closer to Flathead lake or as in deer Lodge? Montana doesn't have lots of tight, twisty roads, but it does have a wide open feel in the west. Plenty of time to sort it out.
Montana has plenty of twisty roads. It's just that many of them aren't known. The Flathead Valley would be a good jump off point. Plenty of accommodations in Kalispell and Whitefish, and it's central to most of the good riding in the NW part of the state (I live on the west shore of Flathead lake).  But then again, I like relaxing rides, not white knuckle-need a crowbar to unsuction my rear from the seat rides :truce:

So it's at your house!? I'm in for west Montana. More sweepers there than the gnarly tight turns in other areas, it's ALL good. Time of year?

We're looking at some time after Labor Day so we can miss out on all of the tourism bottlenecks.

I vote for Libby. I "think" that I can make Libby in one days riding. Much further than that, I'm afraid I'd have to skip it.

:sleepy:
Wot?  Oh, woerkin' on it with Maren's (shezonit) assist.
Expect Sept 2nd weekend?

DamDan said:

What about the Ribbon? There isn't nearly the traffic there as here in summer, but everything does back off after Labor Day. The only time I experienced heavy congestion was the ride up Glacier. Anyone have another summer idea, Not to hot of a destination.

so thread has moved from discussing the Bun Cooler Idaho June 1st meet to a Montana meet sometime in summer or Sept? 
Just want to be sure...