• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NWCOG Volcano Ride XV - Sat August 3 2013

danodemotoman

COG 2877
15 years! Guess it is a tradition now?
Hope you can pencil it in on your calendar.
I did move it up a week this year.
The route and possible meet location may be changed due to the continued poor condition of the pavement on FR25 the last several years. Planning in the works.

25 from Randel to the cut off has been downright dangerous for the last 3 or 4 years.
Because I live on the other side I come up from the South side..
I take it you guys come up 7 to Morton, up 12 to 25, 25 to 99 and up to the top?
I marked it on my calandar. Might bring another group up south side and meet the North group at the top.
Then the Hike to the rim?

Hmmm...  I rode it a couple of times last year and didnt think it was too bad...  This is on my calendar this year. 

I heard from others that the C14 (and KLR) absorbs those nasty pavement sinks/holes so much better than the C10.

Russ said:
Hmmm...  I rode it a couple of times last year and didnt think it was too bad...  This is on my calendar this year.

More the merrier  :))
Usually have 5-10 riders. Usta send notice to other forums but 20+ riders was more than I want to deal with. Fun, not work! Now just NWCOG but still friendly so invite your pal or gal.
Please be aware we are going to change the route due to the conditions on FR25 and the calendar event will reflect that later.

Gumby said:
Sounds like a good ride. I think I'm gonna pencil it in.

I think Rob's been doing it the past couple years too, sounds good to me.  :great:

Is this just a day ride?  I'm pretty sure there will be 2 more Connie riders added to the pack here. :great:

Meeting in Winlock this year and riding up the west side of Mt St Helens. Details to follow and calendar ride descrption to change.

DamDan said:
If "Pale Rider" wants to set up a time and place to meet, for us southerners, I'm game.
Dan, It looks like they are going up to Johnson ridge so Winlock it is. Although I am hearirumblingsg's of anothTriathlonlon that same day. So I may not be able to make it.
Dang my summer looks full. I saw a Skamania COG ride yesterday.

As Pale Rider, I just saw the news about the Regional yesterday and that sounds good. I'll make the "Volcano Run", one way or the other!  :motonoises: