• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Oct 2013 Newburgh, NY Meet & Greet

Cap'n Bob

Well folks, Freddy reminded me to say something about this upcoming weekends Newburgh M&G, since I probably would have forgotten. (thanks Fred)  :-[

So anyway,  this coming Saturday October 12, 2013 will be our October Newburgh, NY Meet & Greet. It of course is at the Neptune Diner in Newburgh, NY at 11AM. Normally some of us are at the Neptune a little early in case we get some early birds. The food is usually pretty good and reasonably priced. The company of course varies depending on who attends, but is normally a great bunch if you disregard myself.
    The Neptune diner is pretty easy to get to from both I 84 and I 87 if you come in on the slab from any distance. And it's pretty good from the back roads also (except for the Newburgh area itself because of traffic lights). So I hope to see folks come out and enjoy lunch with the bunch. Hopefully we'll have a good riding day to get the bikes out. But I always welcome folks how ever they get there. Bike or cage, it doesn't matter, because it's about getting together. Here's a link to the COGMOS listing on the calendar of events. Hope to see y'all there.

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=192892&mo=10&tDate=%7Bd%20%272013%2D10%2D06%27%7D

The weather is looking good so far. If it stays good, count me in!

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Well the forecast for tomorrow in this area:

Mostly cloudy. High of 70F. Winds from the NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20%. But the 20% is even because it's 40% in the early in the AM. (around 6AM) But's it's only 10%  chance of rain from mid AM and the rest of the day.

Hopefully we'll have a good day. Hope to see folks come on out.  :)

:Woot_Emoticon:  Yeah man, it's official. Right now it's clear and 50 degrees out side and it's only 5AM. Yes, yes, it's clear and looking to be a really nice day. The latest forecast for today (as of two minutes ago):

Partly cloudy. High of 70F. Winds from the NE at 5 to 10 mph. No more than 10% chance of rain all day!  Ok folks it doesn't get much better than this in mid October. So come on out and say hey. I'll see y'all there.  :great:

Bob, I was thinking of heading over but the week-end looks to be ideal for a longer jaunt through the North country! Strapped on my sleeping bag and tent and heading north with the rest of the leaf-peepers. :great:

well, just got home after trying to get to the newburgh meet & greet. sat in traffic for an hour trying to get to the throgs neck and then the whitestone bridge!!!  :truce: problem with living on an island is having limited passages to GET OFF!!!!  :mad: we didn't even get close enought to see either bridge!!! we will try again next time. at least we know next week to take the ferry to new england for the mystic pizza meet & greet!!!

Sorry you folks got jammed up Roger. It would have been nice to see you both again. Try again next month.  Although it is a possibility that you might see us in Mystic next week. We'll see how it goes. But there's nothing like 300 miles round trip for a slice of pizza for a little quality time with the better half. :))

Anyway, we had a picture perfect day. Not a cloud in the sky and about 72 degrees. Absolutely beautiful. Although Roger and Susan couldn't make it, we did have 6 people for a nice lunch. Unfortunately for myself, other family obligations for this weekend kept me from going riding afterwards. What a shame. But it was nice to see everyone who didn't have to brave the weather this time.  :))

We're very disappointed we missed it, what a beautiful day!! Glad you guys had the nice weather. We will try again in November. Hope to see you guys in mystic next weekend!!!  :motonoises: