• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Odd stall, when closing the throttle?

rmc_ss_ldo

Bicycle
Trying to figure out a minor nuisance problem.

I have noticed that my bike will stall under an odd set of conditions- fully warmed up but going from partial throttle to closed.  Think of being in traffic, coming up a hill to a stop.  Partial throttle to fully closed, the bike will stall out.  Fires back up and idles fine.

It will idle fine at a stop, warms up fine and runs smooth otherwise; slight vibration at higher RPM's (5K and higher) but nothing new or unexpected noticed since purchase.  For baseline, some mods (dual exhaust, PCV with AutoTune and secondary flies removed) and ~15k miles on the bike.

Only thing I can take a wild guess at would be it may need a throttle body sync, but I have never done one and that is ONLY based on a guess.

/r

Allen

Its never stalled on me, but i had to adjust the throttle cables on my '08.  I could force the throttle "past" closed and almost kill the motor.  It doesnt seem to be an issue now that they are adjusted. 

If Fred's recommendation doesnt help, you might check the throttle cable adjustment. 

Good Luck!!  :beerchug:

My C14 ran rough like that and stalled sometimes as well. Like Fred just suggested. When I turned up the idle some. It cured the problem. I ran about 1,300 RPM's on mine.

Appreciate the suggestions!

I will tweak the idle initially, but I am curious what are some indications that a throttle body sync is needed??

Allen

Allen said:
Appreciate the suggestions!

I will tweak the idle initially, but I am curious what are some indications that a throttle body sync is needed??

Allen

Running slightly rough can be a sign. But engine vibration is more of a sign IMO. IMO, I think the throttle body sync isn't as pronounced on the FI engines as on the carbureted engines. But it never hurts to check them and set them as close a possible. The smoother the ride, the better IMO.

I had this happen to my c14 due to throttle cabal adjustment.  The previous owner used the cable adjustment to control idle instead of the idle speed adjustment.  Oddly enough, all was good once I figured this out....