• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ohio - Hocking Hills Ride, August 23rd

billhook

Meet at the Bob Evans Restaurant at SR 674 (Gender Rd.) and US 33 in Canal Winchester, OH. Gas tanks topped off and kickstands up at 10:00 a.m. Feel free to arrive earlier if you would like to have breakfast. We'll ride through the Hocking Hills region on some backroads not frequented by the tourists. Lunch will be at Jimbo's in North Bloomingville. Contact Bill Hookman at billhookman@yahoo.com or 614-776-5298 (home) or 614-226-3230 (cell) with any questions. Bill Hookman Columbus, OH COG #6893, Ohio AAD CDA #0278 The twistier and hillier the road, the bigger the smile.

As usual, you have picked a weekend that I am out of town for work, thanks so much.:mad: Look, I promise not to crash anymore, OK? ;p Hope you guys have a great ride! Steve K. '02 Concours COG# 6550 AMA# 965469 'No matter where you go, there you are...'

I sure hope you don't crash anymore, either, because we are wasting time patching your bike back together when we could be riding. And, it's not me scheduling rides on weekends you work, it's you scheduling work on weekends I have rides, since I've had this scheduled since April. Oh well, I'll see ya around. Bill Hookman Columbus, OH COG #6893, Ohio AAD CDA #0278 The twistier and hillier the road, the bigger the smile.

FYI - The lunch location, Jimbo's, only accepts cash, no credit cards. Bill Hookman Columbus, OH COG #6893, Ohio AAD CDA #0278 The twistier and hillier the road, the bigger the smile.

We had a great ride this year!! We had a good turn out, with 8 folks on 7 bikes, me, Lewis Schrader, Greg DeCola, Scott Ashbaugh, Jim Brown, Mark Brauning, Connie Moore, and Scott Stofferahn. Awesome Roads and almost perfect weather, clear blue skies, but a little too warm with temps up over 90 by the afternoon. Good breakfast at Bob Evans and humongous burgers at Jimbo's for lunch. During my future solo rides in the area, I am going to be taking along the county maps I picked up and scouting more of the awesome backroads. So, I hope to be able to route out even better rides in the future. Mark and Connie, unfortunately, you've ridden all of those roads so much, I don't think I'll find anything new and interesting for you two. :) Bill Hookman Columbus, OH COG #6893, Ohio AAD CDA #0278 The twistier and hillier the road, the bigger the smile.