• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ohlins shock sag measurements

Fred H.

I did some sag measurement of the Ohlins shock with the 130 newton/millimeter spring on it and just thought I'd share my results in case anyone else is interested. I think I like the way it feels best with about 30mm of sag dialed in.

Attachments

• OhlinsSag.JPG
    OhlinsSag.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 103
Fred, did the length of your new shock match the old one exactly?  Just curious as its common to use a few mm longer shock in many applications.

rcannon409 said:
Fred, did the length of your new shock match the old one exactly?  Just curious as its common to use a few mm longer shock in many applications.

I'd have to check them both side by side to be sure, but I believe it is the same length.

rcannon409 said:

The specs on the Ohlins sheet lists it's length at 355.5 mm. I just measured my OEM shock (from center of bolt holes) and it is right at 355mm (give or take half a millimeter).  So I'd say they are exactly the same length.

I did a long ride yesterday dialing in the settings, and I think I've found what works best for me is 15 turns of preload and two additional clicks of compression damping (12 clicks total instead of the recommended 14 from full hard). I have the rebound set at the recommended 16 clicks from full hard. I tried lots of other settings for preload, compression, and rebound, and this is the combination that feels best for my weight. It give me a slightly stiffer rear with a little better road feel, but is not overly stiff.

And I also contacted Ohlins and confirmed that "clockwise" on the adjuster knobs is if you were viewing the knobs from the bottom looking up.