• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Oil window info

WVHotWheeler

Bicycle
In the oil window where you check you oil level at there is a small metal triangle looking part should it spin at all times or not at all or when ? Help with this please, Droped my C 14 on some gravels and am in the process of putting all the plastics back at I put the twin exhaust on fired it up and could not remember if that part spins  :mad:or not.I hope the oil pump not gone :'(, no oil warnings just spent 3K on new parts,Thanks for any info.

No, nothing in the oil sight glass spins. If you do not have any red warning lights on the dash everything is almost certainly fine regarding oil pressure. Dropping the bike is also not likely to affect anything in the engine but especially not something like the oil pump.

Brian

Junior said:
In the oil window where you check you oil level at there is a small metal triangle looking part should it spin at all times or not at all or when ? Help with this please, Droped my C 14 on some gravels and am in the process of putting all the plastics back at I put the twin exhaust on fired it up and could not remember if that part spins  :mad:or not.I hope the oil pump not gone :'(, no oil warnings just spent 3K on new parts,Thanks for any info.

The part in the middle of the sight glass? Yep, it is a machined piece of aluminum that works as a reflector so you can see if there is oil in the window. If the sight glass didn't have anything behind it, it would just be dark and you could not readily see the level of the oil.

Brian

Junior said:
^-^Thank you,I was about to lose it :mad: any idea what that part is for? just curius. Thanks for the info