• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Okay, give me my sign, er I mean number. :-(

robby1953

Riding along and it's a beautiful morning. Got more time than I need to get to this mornings meeting and for some reason navigation isn't working anymore. Thought better stop and check it out rather than fooling around while riding, don't want to have an accident, right? Pulled off into a parking lot, noticed that the surface sloped away to my left,but not too bad. Judging angle, slowing down, here's the right spot, but it'll be a bit before the stand catches and it'll be low. So here we go, lower, lower, ought'be catching by now!  :-\  WTF I can't hold it and Connie just lays down like a tired dog! I was sure I'd deployed the kickstand, but it never caught and my beautiful bike is now laying on her side still running and I'm freaking (I mean FREAKING ) out, Oh GOD what have I done? Why does this sugar always happen to me?
Luckily, I guess, nothing broken just scratches staring at me screaming what a Dumb A** I am, and the knowledge that I'll have the shame of posting on this page and getting my sign, er I mean number.
The upside is that now I'm member of another club.
a heartbroken Robby 1953.

Though I don't doubt that you were freaking (and I mean FREAKING ) out, no injuries and a bit of scuffed plastic is pretty cheap tuition in the School Of Hard Knocks.  You're a lucky guy to learn the kickstand lesson so cheaply.  Now you don't have to worry about the first time you drop it!

And so it has now become my sad duty to confirm you as the 508th recipient of the uncoveted Connie Droppers Anonymous Award.  You have yet another tale to share around a Rally campfire.  My sincerest condolences!

The five most recent unfortunates:
0504 C14 Jeffery Kahn
0505 C14 Robert Bogart
0506 C14 Rob Jamison
0507 C14 Kevin Remsen
0508 C14 David Robinson

I feel for you. When I first got my Bandit 1250 back in 09 I pull up to my kids school to pick him up. Back in against the curb with all the other parents and people around. Then proceed to lay my bike down because... the kick stand didn't catch. That sinking feeling when you're past the point of no return and you realize that the kick stand is still neatly tucked under the bike.

:mad: