• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Old bike New plastic I can call it mine now

who me?

Im Dave and Im a connie dropper
The bike was on the lift I had just finished putting the 02 fender on the 95 and I thought alright not bad all this new plastic looks good This job is complete. Got the bike off the centerstand no problem Started to roll it off the lift and the next thing its laying on its right side taking me with it from the left side over the bike. Only thing I can figure is I didnt pump the brakes after I pulled them off to swap out the fender and that first pump was when the bike was going over
Damage report
All on the right side
skint mirror, skint bag, cracked and skint mid fairing toward the bottom bike runs fine fired it up after I got it back up
Lesson learned
If your tired STOP
if your rushing to get finished TAKE A TIME OUT AND CHECK YOUR WORK BEFORE YOU MOVE THE BIKE
In conclusion I can now identify my bike with little effort

It's a hard way to learn that lesson, but not as hard as some other ways.  No matter what you're doing with a motorcycle, if you feel tired you need to just stop.  Glad you weren't hurt, but sorry to hear about Connie. 

And so it has now become my sad duty to confirm you as the 554th recipient of the uncoveted Connie Droppers Anonymous Award.  You have yet another tale to share around a Rally campfire.  My sincerest condolences!

The five most recent unfortunates:
0550 C14 Richard Riczinger
0551 C14 Jim Cowles
0552 C10 Patrick McCormick
0553 C14 Michael Stevens
0554 C10 David Lovelady

Sorry to hear of your mishap.  Not sure how bad the damage is, but I have a right side mirror and right side bag that came of my 1995 that was wrecked on it's left side.  If you are interested, PM me.

who me? said:
Im Dave and Im a connie dropper
The bike was on the lift I had just finished putting the 02 fender on the 95 and I thought alright not bad all this new plastic looks good This job is complete. Got the bike off the centerstand no problem Started to roll it off the lift and the next thing its laying on its right side taking me with it from the left side over the bike. Only thing I can figure is I didnt pump the brakes after I pulled them off to swap out the fender and that first pump was when the bike was going over
Damage report
All on the right side
skint mirror, skint bag, cracked and skint mid fairing toward the bottom bike runs fine fired it up after I got it back up
Lesson learned
If your tired STOP
if your rushing to get finished TAKE A TIME OUT AND CHECK YOUR WORK BEFORE YOU MOVE THE BIKE
In conclusion I can now identify my bike with little effort

Upon further review this morning the mirror and the bag are none the worse for wear and if you dont look too close other than a hint of red paint from the lift you can hardly tell the fairing is cracked Ill fix it next time I have the plastic off
SWMBO hasnt said anything but I think she knows
Cue ominous music