• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Old Man Broke in TX

OMoaC

Spun a wheel bearing just east of dallas. Dude Man Bro Rob has the front wheel heading to a bearing house that's not open on Saturday but for a fee will. Whatever it takes. Called the local Kawi place. Hey I got a spun wheel bearing if I get the wheel to you can you guys get it changed out? Slim to none. Let me transfer you to parts. Hey you guy's have this wheel bearing in stock? Prolly not. Jeez. Can you give the bearing number and I can call around? Yeah but they won't know the Kawi Number. You can't give me the regular bearing number? Nope, just the kawi number. T'anks fur Nutin'. Maybe a little late but we'll be there. Sweatin at the shell station.

Did you remember to look in the Wiki for the part number?

Any boat/trailer shops around? Bet they'd have it in stock as they're pretty common trailer bearings. BTDT.

Didja know you can go hundreds of miles on failing/failed bearings? Ask me about Northern Exposure and Crows Nest Pass sometime.

Did you actually spin the race in the hub?

Panhandle? Yuck.

wiki

wheel bearings
front is 6005UU  oem, or 6005 2RS1 or 6005 2RSH (SKF replacement numbers)
rear is 6304UUC3 oem. or 6304 2RS1 or 6304 2RSH (SKF replacement) the "C3" designation is a standard for precision, SKF bearings are normally C3 unless specified otherwise...

both these bearings have buna-n rubber contact seals on both sides.

Good idear Jim

Action Suzuki is right here by my house.......I can go up there and ask.....I know they will probably not stock it though.

Also, I have trailer, soft ties, and ties downs! READY TO DISPATCH!

Craig

Trust me, I cause him so much grief, "How do ya put something on the calendar", "How do I log in again", "Can you explain again the event type", "have you put up the notice yet?", "yet?", "now?", "yet?"

I figured this one time I could try to be helpful instead.  ;D

Maybe I should drive out there (I am close) and drink Iced Tea in the truck and watch him with the windows rolled up and doors locked!!! :nananana:  >:D

My plate would make it obvious!

16121801028_a5d0beb3e4_b.jpg

Oops, missed that "east of Dallas" part, I thought he was up north along I40. Shoot, lots of possibilities for help where he's at... if he thinks outside the box.

kv5e said:
Maybe I should drive out there (I am close) and drink Iced Tea in the truck and watch him with the windows rolled up and doors locked!!! :nananana:  >:D

SHOOT VIDEO and share!!

WANDRNG said:
wiki

wheel bearings
front is 6005UU  oem, or 6005 2RS1 or 6005 2RSH (SKF replacement numbers)
rear is 6304UUC3 oem. or 6304 2RS1 or 6304 2RSH (SKF replacement) the "C3" designation is a standard for precision, SKF bearings are normally C3 unless specified otherwise...

both these bearings have buna-n rubber contact seals on both sides.

Good idear Jim

Long shot here, and I know its dreadful to search on the road, but I've actually seen correct wheel bearing sizes at Ace Hardware, and a few other Hardware chain stores in the past, in this funky parts drawers on the wall.near cotter pins and misc screws and stuff....
Might not be the rubber sealed ones, but hey, a bearing is worth $5 to get back on the road.... the tough part is the tools on and to change it out... like a correct punch, a hammer, and a correct sized socket to use to pound the new bearing back in... of and the circlip pliers....

All else fails NAPA should have a bearing,... don't fret the seals, just redo the bearing when ya get home....

I'm in Denton , north of Dallas if ya need anything . Called the local Kawi shop , no bearings in stock  :(

im guessing you have a C-14? i have a couple sets of late model C-10 front wheel bearings....here in tampa fl!

I talked to Rob on the phone.  They were able to get the correct bearings.  Rob knows the area and was able to get a store owner to come down and open up.  They have new parts installed and are on the move again.  I think their plan is to make Jackson Mississippi
by end of day.

Our first "Hard Luck" entry.

Looks like the COG nation stepped up for you. Hope you get back rolling to Helen. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.