• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Olympia Gloves Customer Service

dalroo

Road Bike
I prefer gloves with gel palms and have looked locally, but can't find any, except fingerless.

I have an Olympia Jacket and Riding pants and really like them, and Olympia Gloves (same company?) has gel filled options. So I went online and ordered a pair direct that looked like what I wanted in early May. I waited about 2 weeks - no gloves. Called the Customer Service number and the lady told me that yes, they had my order, but they were backordered. She claimed to have sent me an email notice, but I went through all spam and quarantined emails - none from them. Regardless, she told me that they were expecting to be able to fill early the next week. That was two weeks ago. I finally got an email last Tuesday that they were shipping. Still waiting.

I don't know, maybe it is just me, but I am not impressed. They better be the best stinking gloves ever, or I won't be going back. I am now at a month since ordering, and don't believe I've ever had too wait this long for any online product.

Just venting I guess, but curious if anyone else has ordered from them. Was it a good experience? Is Olympia Gloves the same company as Olympia Moto Sports? They have different websites, and I think it is interesting that Olympia Moto Sports does not feature any gloves, just jackets, pants, etc.

When you get the gloves, check them out thoroughly.
I bought a pair of Olympia medium-weather gloves (light Thinsulate), the ones that have plastic molded knuckle guards under the leather on back of hands. The were nice looking, looked well made, and were fairly warm and claimed waterproof. I the noticed left glove was not as comfortable... finally realized that the molded knuckle guard was out of position by about 1/4", and it was making my knuckles hurt.
I went back to store, and every pair was same way. Thankfully I was able to return them for refund.
It looked like something in their production system went out of whack and they didn't catch it.
I expect this was an isolated issue on that pair of gloves, but nevetheless, look carefully when you get them.
Jorge

I don't know about CS but I bought a pair of their water proof gel gloves years ago and they were and still are the most comfortable gloves I've ever had.  Still some what water proof and show the wear, but very serviceable yet.
Too warm for summer days, but great early morning and cool weather.

Well, after posting yesterday, the gloves were in the mail later in the day. Look good, and got about 100 miles in this morning wearing the new gloves. So far, so good. They fit well, are comfortable, and breathe well which was really why I was ordering. Not sure if they are the best gloves ever, but I'm pleased I ordered.

Glad to hear that guys.
I didn't completely write them off based on my experience, and as I said, it looked like a production goof-up that resulted in a run of bad gloves.
Jorge

I've noticed a general decline in good customer service the last few years at all sorts of companies . I wonder if with the crappy economy and employees not getting pay increases if its a trend .

I think a lot of the decline in CS is due to on-line purchasing. It's much easier to ignore or be brusque with someone via a computer than it is when they are standing right in front of you.

See the link listed below they guarantee their gloves will reduce or completely get rid of the numbness associated with pressure points in your palm.

I have never used them but did see an article in a recent magazine where the guy reviewing the glove said they do work.

So you might try them and let everyone know. They have a measuring system so you can order the correct size.

You may where a medium in one and a small in another.

http://www.qwinerveprotector.com/MotorcycleGloveBuy.html

Good luck.