• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Oops

Bud

Moving bikes around today. Dismounted on the right side while standing on the pegs. It was on the side stand. I've gotten away with this in the past but not today. Just about the time I get both feet on the ground the bike is headed my way. I slow it down but can't stop it. Once again, I'm under a heavy bike rather than on on top. This time, my left foot is pinned between some field bed rock and the bike. Once again, I managed to get my foot out of my shoe and get up. Skinned elbow and my left wrist. I guess my wrist got jammed a bit because it is hurting. I still have full range of movement of my wrist. I can't tell you how lucky I am. Lucky lucky lucky. Skinned the right mirror and a replaceable scuff pad on the T Rex bars. That's it. So glad I installed those last year. After I put a bandaid on my wrist, I rode the Suzuki a couple blocks up the street and got one of my son's friends to help get it back up again. Didn't feel like testing my luck getting it back up alone. I was so proud of the fact that I had never had an incident with the 14. I'll have to trade that feeling for gratitude that I'm not at the ER hearing that I broke my other ankle. I am SO lucky.IMG_20230602_094614_126.jpgIMG_20230602_094354_364.jpgIMG_20230602_094655_760.jpg

Yes, I've tried that right side dismount successfully several times, until I didn't. Of course for me it worked great when I'm alone, but I go and screw it up in front of a bunch of onlookers. They of course all thought "what an idiot, :rolleyes: doesn't even know which side to get off of his bike". I don't do that anymore. I feel your pain, not literally of course, but the mental part pretty much yes.

Thanks for sharing - no right hand side jumps offs, we’ve all done something that we knew it wasn’t right and it bit us.

Looks like your foot was stronger than the driveway. The C-14 landed on your foot and you got it out unbroken, but the concrete split wide open!

Glad nothing on your machine or you was seriously hurt.

If you haven’t already - apply for your CDA #, join the club…

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Moving bikes around today. Dismounted on the right side while standing on the pegs. It was on the side stand. I've gotten away with this in the past but not today. Just about the time I get both feet on the ground the bike is headed my way. I slow it down but can't stop it. Once again, I'm under a heavy bike rather than on on top. This time, my left foot is pinned between some field bed rock and the bike. Once again, I managed to get my foot out of my shoe and get up. Skinned elbow and my left wrist. I guess my wrist got jammed a bit because it is hurting. I still have full range of movement of my wrist. I can't tell you how lucky I am. Lucky lucky lucky. Skinned the right mirror and a replaceable scuff pad on the T Rex bars. That's it. So glad I installed those last year. After I put a bandaid on my wrist, I rode the Suzuki a couple blocks up the street and got one of my son's friends to help get it back up again. Didn't feel like testing my luck getting it back up alone. I was so proud of the fact that I had never had an incident with the 14. I'll have to trade that feeling for gratitude that I'm not at the ER hearing that I broke my other ankle. I am SO lucky.View attachment 36061View attachment 36062View attachment 36063
Bud Thank You for sharing your experience and reminding us:
  1. If the machine is falling - let it go, fixing the bike is quicker than fixing ourselves
  2. Drops can and do happen at the place we are the most comfortable: home
  3. When performing shortcuts (jumping off to the right of the machine) luck eventually runs out. We’ve all been there in one firm or another and we all knew it before xxxx happened.
You are presented with CDA # 577; welcome to the club @Bud.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Thanks for sharing - no right hand side jumps offs, we’ve all done something that we knew it wasn’t right and it bit us.

Looks like your foot was stronger than the driveway. The C-14 landed on your foot and you got it out unbroken, but the concrete split wide open!

Glad nothing on your machine or you was seriously hurt.

If you haven’t already - apply for your CDA #, join the club…

Wayne, Carol & Blue
Yes Wayne, wish there was video of the driveway splitting like we had an earthquake in progress! Guess I need to go on a diet.....not sure how old black is going to do that. 🤣🤣

Yes, I've tried that right side dismount successfully several times, until I didn't. Of course for me it worked great when I'm alone, but I go and screw it up in front of a bunch of onlookers. They of course all thought "what an idiot, :rolleyes: doesn't even know which side to get off of his bike". I don't do that anymore. I feel your pain, not literally of course, but the mental part pretty much yes.
Misery loves company Marty. Thanks for sharing!

Moving bikes around today. Dismounted on the right side while standing on the pegs. It was on the side stand. I've gotten away with this in the past but not today. Just about the time I get both feet on the ground the bike is headed my way. I slow it down but can't stop it. Once again, I'm under a heavy bike rather than on on top. This time, my left foot is pinned between some field bed rock and the bike. Once again, I managed to get my foot out of my shoe and get up. Skinned elbow and my left wrist. I guess my wrist got jammed a bit because it is hurting. I still have full range of movement of my wrist. I can't tell you how lucky I am. Lucky lucky lucky. Skinned the right mirror and a replaceable scuff pad on the T Rex bars. That's it. So glad I installed those last year. After I put a bandaid on my wrist, I rode the Suzuki a couple blocks up the street and got one of my son's friends to help get it back up again. Didn't feel like testing my luck getting it back up alone. I was so proud of the fact that I had never had an incident with the 14. I'll have to trade that feeling for gratitude that I'm not at the ER hearing that I broke my other ankle. I am SO lucky.View attachment 36061View attachment 36062View attachment 36063
Just put complete t rex crash kit they offer on my bike a couple of days ago. Front and rear plus axle puck.

Wow, glad you're OK and came out of it with no serious injuries or damage to the bike.

Look like your foot came out of the shoe before it got twisted up in the tip over bar and you barely missed having the fairing and windshield smash into that brick corner! Whew.

Just put complete t rex crash kit they offer on my bike a couple of days ago. Front and rear plus axle puck.
Wow, glad you're OK and came out of it with no serious injuries or damage to the bike.

Look like your foot came out of the shoe before it got twisted up in the tip over bar and you barely missed having the fairing and windshield smash into that brick corner! Whew.
nothing wrong with dismount on right or mount on right motor officer do slow speed skills do you just have to keep weight even. I dismount from right sorry about the drop bike thing we all have done it. Check out Robert Simmons on you tube it's help me alot slow speed will save your life most inportant part of owning a motorcyle in my eyes. I'm not a paid spokesman for him or anything else He started his channel three years ago I've been hooked since then. hope everyone has a great holiday. Grateful for all knowledge on here.

My foot came out of the shoe when I pulled it out. So since all of this happened, I finally noticed a scrape on the headlight. The edge of the windshield did catch the side of the door opening and bent the madstad brackets. It just moved the whole thing to the left. I haven't straightened that out yet. If I don't point it out, it tends to go unnoticed. I'm thinking that if I hadn't replaced the windshield bracket with the upgraded one, I don't think the OEM bracket would have survived. Regardless of the damage, I still consider myself extremely lucky. I could be in a cast right now. BTDT and I didn't find that enjoyable. 😉 Thanks for all the support guys!