• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

OtP 2017 - annnnnnd WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Jorge

OK... the moment we've been waiting for: 

[shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]the OtP traveler for 2017 will be Mark Hartman!!

Congratulate Mark, and hope they like him so much they decide to keep him >:D

Please keep those donations coming!!

Congratulations, Mark! At least things will look a little better on this side of the pond while you're gone... :nananana:

:-\  RREEEEEECCCCCCOOOOUUUUUUNNNNTTTTTTT!!!!  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

;)

Congrats Mark!  :beerchug: :beerchug:  It's well deserved and I'm sure you'll both enjoy it and make COG proud.  :great:

Good on yer bud.

God help Europe!  :-\ :-[ :-[ :-[

Both of you guys are deserving, having spent so much time giving to our club.  Congrats to both of you!  :great:

SantaCruzRider said:
:-\  RREEEEEECCCCCCOOOOUUUUUUNNNNTTTTTTT!!!!  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

;)

Congrats Mark!  :beerchug: :beerchug:  It's well deserved and I'm sure you'll both enjoy it and make COG proud.  :great:

Good on yer bud.
Probably were some hanging chads in the SE region.    :rotflmao:

This is so very cool I am humbled truly. Thank you to this great club (clubs) for this very special opportunity. Thank you very much to Jorge, Hans and the rest of the slave laborers making this happen. Jim, Dave, Ted, Ralf and others working quietly behind the scenes (NOT TED or JIM! Quietly? Puhlease ;)) Thank you for the flogomatic, of whose viciousness I intend to avoid. All of you great folks donating their hard earned coin. HUGE thanks go to my friend and compatriot Dan Breeden. As much for his very entertaining Repartee during this campaign as his contributions to COG and helping the SW area get re established. No Greater Friend! I shall carry the COG banner high and proud. I hope to make you all proud of the choice you made (or at least laugh uproariously at my foolish antics). I've said it before and I'll say it again, Let's Dance! CU in Germania! Hey, what's the rule on radar detectors there?  :beerchug:

So, did the ugly or less then ugly one win??

Congrats Mark!! Trip of a lifetime, enjoy every minute and every experience.

Put your mark on it and own it!

MotoCommuter said:
So, did the ugly or less then ugly one win??

Congrats Mark!! Trip of a lifetime, enjoy every minute and every experience.

Put your mark on it and own it!
Like a dog at the dog park Kurt and thank you. I like to think the one with the rugged weather beaten good looks won. Ya know, too much sun, too much wind, too much age, too much abuse.  :beerchug:

I put in a request on the OTP Face Book page. Thought I would repost here. If possible, can we visit Belleua wood France if possible. It is a sacred place for US Marines. If it throws the schedule into chaos please disregard. I truly understand. I am a military history buff. I had the opportunity to visit several battlefields in the Pacific during my service. I've enjoyed touring sites from the revolution and the civil war in my trips to the eastern US. Again folks, if this throws things into a problem please disregard. I am so jazzed!

Congrats Mark!
Enjoy your trip over the pond!

Looking forward to see you in Kiefersfelden.

Wolfram

AAD-Germany, GCE# 37
Over The Pond VIII Traveler 2009

wolfram said:
Congrats Mark!
Enjoy your trip over the pond!

Looking forward to see you in Kiefersfelden.

Wolfram

AAD-Germany, GCE# 37
Over The Pond VIII Traveler 2009

Wolfram/anyone? can you tell Mark where Kiefersfelden is?
ie; Which country and what part of that country?
Mebbe a map???

Ride safe, Ted

Thanks Patrick.
  I looked it up too and sent the map to Mark.

Wuz trying to show him where it is {in comparison with Belleua Wood France}..
Seems to me that Belleua Wood might be doable, if he arrives/departs where I suspect he will..

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Mark is a Marine, so we must explain very slowly.. <smart eleck grin>  :)

Ride safe, Ted (Fly Navy)

Kiefersfelden is about 3-4 hours from here(Stuttgart).  Belleau Wood is about 5-8 hours from Stuttgart. (5 hours by autobahn.  8 hours by back roads.)

AmphibSailor said:
Kiefersfelden is about 3-4 hours from here(Stuttgart).  Belleau Wood is about 5-8 hours from Stuttgart. (5 hours by autobahn.  8 hours by back roads.)
Awesome Patrick. Thank you. Did that aerostich work? Looking forward to meeting you Sir!  :great: :beerchug:

Sad to say, haven't put a lot of miles on the stitch.  After the incident in the Alps (broken foot) I've been off the bike, recuperating and then I put the bike up due to winter (salt, snow, ice).  The stitch fits well and is in good shape.  I've washed it and applied NIKWAX to it for waterproofing. Its ready to go.  The weather has started warming up and we've had enough rain to wash the salt away.  I'm sure I'll get some miles in it, soon.

Have you checked on tickets and figured out which airport you're going to fly in to? 

Oh Great.... Sending another WHINER to OTP....  ::)

When are you guys gonna learn to screen these candidates??  :mad:

Ohhhhh.... That says WINNER.... Never mind  :-[

:nananana:

As I understand it, the actual arrival point hasn't been determined yet.
That location will be decided after a bike is finalized...  :motonoises:

According to the schedule, arrival will be approx. June 1.

Geez,,, I've been trying to stir Mark up with pointed Marine comments for days and he hasn't fought back yet.  :pokestick:  >:D
  He REALLY must be in a daze!  :104:

Keep those donations coming in!
Even $5.00 - 10.00 add up and will help us send Mark out of the country!!!  :great:

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:

Geez,,, I've been trying to stir Mark up with pointed Marine comments for days and he hasn't fought back yet.  :pokestick:  >:D

Even $5.00 - 10.00 add up and will help us send Mark out of the country!!!  :great:

Ride safe, Ted

is a one-way ticket cheaper???  :nananana:

Sport Rider said:
connie_rider said:

Ride safe, Ted

is a one-way ticket cheaper???  :nananana:
Well Can't argue to much with Truth Ted. But then again us Jarheads are like Dinosaurs. We stub our toe and 10,000 years later we say ouch. You funny Man Dave! Who says I'm coming back? I heard one of the locations is Amsterdam. May just decide to get hazy lazy there.  ;) :beerchug: :motonoises:

Mark,
After the battle, the French renamed the wood "Bois de la Brigade de Marine" ("Wood of the Marine Brigade") in honor of the Marines' tenacity.
Please also visit Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near there where most of our brothers were interred.  Oh, post photos.  Lots of photos!

Semper Fi

I agree Mark.
We want to see photo's!

Just to let you know I've been funnin' ya about the Marines.
I've been talking to my old Squadron Shipmates to see if I can get ya a free ride. {NOTE: I are retired Navy Avaition)
They may have a C-130 going that way and don't mind pushing ya out the back as they fly over..
But, you'll havta supply the parachute...
Assuming all goes well, I'll see if I can arrange a return flight..

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
I agree Mark.
We want to see photo's!

Just to let you know I've been funnin' ya about the Marines.
I've been talking to my old Squadron Shipmates to see if I can get ya a free ride. {NOTE: I are retired Navy)
They may have a C-130 going that way and don't mind pushing ya out the back as they fly over..
But, you'll havta supply the parachute...
Assuming all goes well, I'll see if I can arrange a return flight..

Ride safe, Ted
Course ya are Ted. Like I make fun on ya wearing those funny soup bowl hats. You get that flight. Ya know Jarheads walk on water (with the Navy's help)  :beerchug: :)

The sample in Bernd's video,,, is "normal" Surströmming.
  (I know this because the can is flat and it didn't spew into the air, when the guy opened it).

Hans only brings "Premium" Surströmming.
The cans he brings are pressurized by the fermenting fish.
        (The tops of the metal cans' are stretched into an oval shape)
  He opens them underwater so they don't spray Surströmming juice all over him and the crowd.

NOTE: During Al and Charlie's sample opening; there was enough pressure in the can, that it sprayed juice into the air. {"even though it was underwater"}

Update; Good news Mark, {you lucky Devil}.
I talked with Hans.
He said, {since your a rough/tough Devil Dog/Marine}, he's looking for a "Extra Premium" Can of  Surströmming for you to sample!!!  >:D
  Survival Hint: Don't forget the Crackers and Schnapps!!! {Lots of Schnapps!}

Ride safe, Ted

PS: We're still waiting to find out if we're gonna support 2 "OtP" Traveler's this year.
      (Personally, I think we REALLY need to send 2. {So Dan can enjoy the Surströmming too}). <evil grin>

hmmm,,, I think there "was" a video made of Al and Charlie.
Bernd, can you post Al's Surströmming video here?

Ride safe, Ted

Old Man on a Connie said:
I was at Johnson City for the great reveal. Upwind! Took me 2 days to wash the stench off my skin! Ain't skeert. I have done this though. Always a huge hit with the crowd.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5betKv46GB4  :beerchug: ;) :)) :)) :))

I thought for sure someone was shooting video at Johnson city when we were chowing it down....
I do remember Ted... backing up... and crying like a red headed step child being  spanked, and having his butt painted with turpentine...

Ahhhh good times..... :great: :beerchug:

I posted this also on the other OtP thread...
We're trying to get Dan over with Mark!
It looks like it's going to happen, but we're not sure yet.
Keep those donations coming, Mark (and Dan hopefully) will appreciate it. They've done a LOT for COG... let's give them something back for their service.

Yahoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Europe will never be the same!!!
  (They've barely got over Al and Charlie..

C'mon COGgers,,, lets make this HAPPEN!!!

Ride safe, Ted

Jorge said:
We're trying to get Dan over with Mark!

I like LOVE the sound of that!!!  I've already started doing some trapezoid and shoulder exercises 'cause Mark tells me that one of the duties of the Runner Up is carry with Winner's bags.  :))

UPDATE: We have (sort of) two winners. Since there will be two bikes waiting in Europe, Dan is also planning to go.

Keep donations coming!