• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

OtP nominations

OMoaC

As the nominations come to a close Thank you all for your nominations and suggestions. We have a very long list of nominees which is great. As we move forward we will see who is willing to accept and proceed with the nomination process and the trial and tribulations involved. Rest assured that all of these nominees are deserving. The question is who will accept. Look for this announcement in the next 15 days. OtP ROKS

We will see who is willing to accept and proceed with the nomination process and the trial and tribulations involved.

I accept!! I accept!!!!
Ya don't need to do no stinkin' voting.  Just assume I won,,  and send Ted!!!
Yayyyyy!!!  :1rij:  Wahooooo!!    :1rij:    Yayyyyy!!!  :1rij:  Wahooooo!!    :1rij:    Yayyyyy!!!  :1rij:  Wahooooo!!    :1rij:   

Oh nooo,,, "Hans loaned the Flog-o-matic to Mark"!!!
                  Don't do it, Mark..
                    I wuz only joking.
                      I don't need another flogging,,,,
                          Noooooooooooooooooooooo  !!!

{{sounds of Flog-o-matic in use}} {Gloom}
Whack, pop, pow, whackity, wackity, wackity, whack, whack, WHACKKK!!  {etc, etc, etc}

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Vote for Ted   :67:

This is good stuff and Thanks to Jim. There is a bunch of folks nominated this year. Waiting for those that accept. This should be a battle royal, Let the best candidate carry the USA OTP flag.

connie_rider said:
                      I don't need another flogging,,,,
                          Noooooooooooooooooooooo  !!!

When has Ted (AKA...ted) never needed another flogging?  :67: :72: >:D

Ranger Jim said:
Responses to the nomination notifications are coming in.  The excitement builds. :)

How come the list of nominations isn't published?

Nominees are contacted prior to their name being listed.
                  Only the names that are eligible and accept the nomination will be posted.
                      Contact notes are being sent out now...
              After eligibility is confirmed, and the Nominee's make their decision, the list of "OtP" Candidates will be posted.

NOTE: This procedure has been used for every "OtP".
          During this time we are verifying eligibility, and it allow's privacy for the Nominee's as they make their decision.
          ie; Many Nominee's decline the nomination for personal reasons, and {in previous years} some have asked that their name
                not be posted.

Ride safe, Ted

I was nominated and declined it. 

It was an honor to be nominated whether I accepted it or not.  I also don't see why a list of the eligible nominations are not posted, whether they accepted it or not.

There is no secrecy involved. We are simply respecting the Nominees right to privacy.

"OtP" Nominee's are always welcome to announce that they were nominated.
  Many do so, and post their thoughts about being nominated.
We ask that none of the Nominee's post that they have "accepted" the Nomination at this time.
  This is done so that the "OtP" Team can post all the "Candidates" names at 1 time.

The "OtP" Team will soon post this years "OtP" Candidates.

After the Candidates are announced, "the Candidates" will post information on themselves, and begin to campaign for votes.

Using that information, voters will choose who they want to vote for, and send in their votes..

Ride safe, Ted

Extremely cool... :great: :great:

Ted, I understand what you say above, about the privacy thing,
would it be possible to simply give us all a "count" of how many people were nominated?

no names, per se, just a head count... ;) ;)

I don't see a problem with that, but I don't know the final tally, and Mark/Jim will make the decision to do so..
ie; This year, Jim and Mark are the USA/"OtP" Team leaders.
          Hans and I chose to be the "OtP" Advisor's, and respect that they have the final word on "OtP" matters..
          Our job is to answer questions, help with the work, co-ordinate activities, and advise the new Leads.

Like everyone on the Team, we do know the number and names of the Nominee's, but do not know if any names came in at the
last minute. 
If any additional nominations did come in at the very end, Mark and Jim would have those final names/tally.
They are also the ones that sent out the Nominee notes. So, I prefer that they reply to your question..

Ride safe, Ted

PS: In my earlier note I said; "OtP" Nominee's are always welcome to announce that they were nominated.
                                                          Many do so, and post their thoughts about being nominated.
      I need to refine that statement a bit; We ask that none of the Nominee's post that they've "accepted" the Nomination at this time.
                                                            This is done so that the "OtP" Team can post all the "Candidates" names at 1 time.

You betchya. We had 17 nominated by over 30 nomination's which means several were nominated multiple times. All nominations came from both Euro and US members. Some have already declined due to very personal reasons which I myself would not be comfortable displaying publicly. We have also several that have accepted the challenge. I thank you all that presented nominations and every one, in my simple opinion, is deserving. Great choices. This shall be fun for the run off and I encourage all members to vote. ONCE  :)) This is truly a group effort even tho there are just a few gathering the data and arranging the event. Your vote counts. The current donations sit at just over 900 dollars with about 500 sitting out there on the auctions so the flight at least is paid for. Now we need beer, fuel and chocolate money. Send your donations to paypal OTP.USA@cox.net. Every 5 and 10 dollar donation adds up. 10 people donating 10 dollars each pretty much covers a day on the road for the traveler. Make sure to send as a gift. When voting opens send your vote to OTP.USA@cox.net. Your vote matter's truly. This is an unmatched program in motorcycle clubs world wide and we own it! Help keep it breathing.  :beerchug:

There's nothing I can add to what Mark has said.  The OtP teams don't post the names of all the nominees in the event that someone declines nomination for whatever reason.  This is the way OtP has done this since the origination of the program.  Once all the nominees have been notified and had a chance to complete the "screening" questionnaire and accepted nomination, their names will be posted so they can start campaigning for votes.

BTW, if you want to learn the inner workings of the OtP program, volunteer to become a member of the team.  Send your application to Old Man on a Connie. He's the HMIC of OtP-USA.  I'm still just a Junior Assistant Slave Laborer.  :'(  Over worked, never paid,  :mad:

Old Man on a Connie said:
You betchya. We had 17 nominated by over 30 nomination's which means several were nominated multiple times. All nominations came from both Euro and US members. Some have already declined due to very personal reasons which I myself would not be comfortable displaying publicly. We have also several that have accepted the challenge. I thank you all that presented nominations and every one, in my simple opinion, is deserving. Great choices. This shall be fun for the run off and I encourage all members to vote. ONCE  :))

wow.. that's gotta be a record...  :))

:great: :great: