• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

OtP XV (2017) Is On!!!

OK... the moment we've been waiting for: 

[shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]the OtP traveler for 2017 will be Mark Hartman!!

:1rij:

Now, keep the donations coming or we'll need to find a box big enough to fit him... >:D

I have an acquaintance named Guido who can help us fit him in whatever box we wind up with.  Let me know.  :))

Congratulations to Mark.  I hope Europe is up for this.  :rotflmao:

I'm not sure who you paid off,  But,,, Congratulations Mark!

If you plan to wear your pink to-too, I'm gonna demand a recount!!!!
After all, the Traveler is supposed to be "Representing" COG.
  (a Marine is bad e'nuff, but our standards only go so low..)

Keep those Donations coming in folks!
  or we're gonna have to find a really BIG box.

Ride safe, Ted  (Fly Navy)

PS: I still want to know. Did the Ugly one win???

connie_rider said:
I'm not sure who you paid off,  But,,, Congratulations Mark!...

PS: I still want to know. Did the Ugly one win???

I think we should all agree (and hope) that Mark is one of those "inner beauty" types.  :))

And speaking of "inner" Mark, have the OtP organizers told you yet how they plan to have you smuggle some of those fear factor treats into Europe? Maybe time to practice those kegels!  :nananana:

Congrats Old Man!!!  :great:

I was with Hans last week....
He's already arranging the European delicacies' for Mark to eat...
    This year, he's arranging some particularly {err} tasty ones.  :great:
        (Sed something about still having some left over from last year too.)  :sign0137:

Hey Mark, do you remember those mornings in the Corp's "after" the night on the beach??
      {Kinda felt like someone ripped your head off and s__t down your windpipe}
        Don't want to scare you, BUT,, the morning after Surstrumming will be worse!!  :rotflmao:

Ride safe, Ted

Donations,,, we need DONATIONS!!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!! Thank you all so much and especially to Dan Breeden  :beerchug: Keep those donations coming and hopefully we can get Dan OTP too. This club and these volunteers just continue to amaze me and make me proud to be a part of. I shall fly the COG flag high and proud and be the best ambassador as possible. Really looking forward to this.  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug: :)

Update... we are trying to get Dan to go also!
Not completely sure about this yet, but it looks like it will work out.
If you haven't donated yet, please go ahead and do so...
This will be a really great trip for them!!

I'M BACK IN IT!!!!

As the OtP 1st Runner Up, I humbly accept this role as official tag-a-long. It's great honor and sacred duty to act as chaperone for the OtP winner. I will solemnly endeavor to be the adult in the room and to be sure that the SW AD doesn't get seduced by the Passo Stelvio and disappear into the Bavarian Alps.

Thank you everyone for your votes and for your donations to OtP. Please keeps those funds coming in, because Mark tells me that the winner eats first and I think Europe puts a limit on how many Powerbars you're allowed to bring into the continent.    :))

Dan,
You did a great job on the Concourier, and I kew you had some writing skills, but I didn't know you could also write comedy: "... be the adult in the room ..." :rotflmao: :)) :D

Ok everyone... we have to pledged bikes that will be waiting for Dan and Mark!    Now Dan can get as excited ad Mark. After months f hard campaigning for OtP... well it wasn't months... and it wasn't really hard - they were way too nice to each other!... anyway, both are now planning to travel together.

KEEP DONATIONS COMING!!

connie_rider said:
Both "Mark",,, and "Dan" in Europe!!! OMG!!!!!!  :-\

/quote]

and they will guided by me - OMG, they are poor victims....  >:D >:D >:D  :) :) :) :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises:

Yeah baby -- I'm in and going!!!  :great:  I don't care what you call it: runner up, first-place loser, wingman or chaperone -- I'm looking forward to getting a saddlesore view of Europe.  :beerchug:

Now I've got to think through my packing plan...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 3.31.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 3.31.36 PM.png
    139.9 KB · Views: 97
Kawasaurus said:
connie_rider said:
Both "Mark",,, and "Dan" in Europe!!! OMG!!!!!!  :-\

/quote]

and they will guided by me - OMG, they are poor victims....  >:D >:D >:D  :) :) :) :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises:
No No, not OMG, OMC  ;) I'm your huckleberry  :)

Kawasaurus, {if your still there},,,, I think it's time for you to post another of your ride Video's!!
If you can, attach one with twisties, and several bikes in a group...

Ride safe, Ted

BOOM!!! Airline tickets have been purchased, and they are cheap beyond cheap. Cheap like close to the cost of a tank of German gas!

Low cost does come with certain small concessions though. Mark had to agree to help the flight crew in getting the propellers started and I have to help load chicken crates in the rear of the plane, but whatever!  :great:

We did pay a bit extra to avoid the push start assistance and we got over sized milk crates and extra twine to strap in with. Safety 1st!  :great: :beerchug:

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    335.9 KB · Views: 101
  • I approve.jpg
    I approve.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 95
Hey travelers, I should know your wishes about the places you would like to visit because I can not plan the routes if I do not know.

Belleau wood is on my list, Swiss, Italian and Austrian passroads, also, and if possible, the King Ludwig's castles Neuschwanstein, Hohenschwangau in Bavaria.

We will stay overnight at HansPeter & Ria Heim's House in Switzeröland, close to the Viamala Canyon - this is an old trader's and smugglers path of the romans, across the alps, and they called the path: "Via Mala" , in english: Bad Road... If we can visit the canyon, you will see, why they give it this name.

Mebbe Daan/Marc can show them the Red-light district (and coffee shops) in Amsterdam?? (For viewing purposes only)
I have never been to any other place,,, where, I enjoyed the window shopping so much!!!  :great:

(Don't tell my wife)

Ralf,,, do you recall the first "Twisty Mountain Pass you took us too?
Had lots of steep/tight twisties and a bicycle race was going on...
Take them there if you can. {Include the bike race}.....

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Ralf,,, do you recall the first "Twisty Mountain Pass you took us too?
Had lots of steep/tight twisties and a bicycle race was going on...
Take them there if you can. {Include the bike race}.....

Ride safe, Ted

This pass called "Hahntennjoch", it is located in Tyrol, Austria, and it winds up from 1000 m asl up to 1884 m asl over a distance of 15 km
but maybe, we will ride it from the other side as you have rode it..
it ia very dangerous road when the weather conditions are bad..

Kawasaurus said:
Hey travelers, I should know your wishes about the places you would like to visit because I can not plan the routes if I do not know.

Belleau wood is on my list, Swiss, Italian and Austrian passroads, also, and if possible, the King Ludwig's castles Neuschwanstein, Hohenschwangau in Bavaria.

We will stay overnight at HansPeter & Ria Heim's House in Switzeröland, close to the Viamala Canyon - this is an old trader's and smugglers path of the romans, across the alps, and they called the path: "Via Mala" , in english: Bad Road... If we can visit the canyon, you will see, why they give it this name.
Ralf, You are the Man! Not being familiar with the areas I am relying on your best judgment. Very much like history and ancient architecture. WW2 areas I have studied and would like to see if possible. Twisty roads and great vistas. You can't go wrong in my opinion my friend. So looking forward to this trip. Good roads, good scenery, good beer, good friends = Happy OMC!  :beerchug: :)

This pass called "Hahntennjoch", it is located in Tyrol, Austria, and it winds up from 1000 m asl up to 1884 m asl over a distance of 15 km.  But maybe, we will ride it from the other side as you have rode it..
It is very dangerous road when the weather conditions are bad..

Yupp, that's the one.... I think it's an excellent place to "break in" Mark and Dan..  <evil grin>  >:D
As I recall, you led and we (tried) to keep up as "you" wound your way up and down the pass,,, (while passing cars and yodeling).  :-\

Ride safe, Ted

SantaCruzRider said:
Uh oh, I think Mark and I booked airline tickets in the same "Misery Class" as this United passenger...  :-\

https://www.yahoo.com/news/united-passenger-forcibly-removed-flight-refusing-give-seat-134930951.html

Mark: We have to start practicing our passive resistance techique -- 1. go limp; 2. Keep that seat belt tight, 3. try to hook your toes on passenger seats and carry-on items as they drag you down the aisle.

:great:
I'm all about passive resistance. It will take a few more to drag my 6'3" 280 lb sack of potatoe (potato?) body down that skinny aisle though. I have mastered the art of crying like a school girl and kicking like a 2 year old. Plus I can invoke my Vet status and swear at them as only a old Jarhead can. Cover your ears. Plus you shall be entangled on my right ankle right (not the left. It has screws in it)? It's in the runner up bylaws.  :beerchug:

Hey Old Guy,,,,, they won't toss ya'll of the plane.
    Just tell em' that your COGger's...

Folks, we still need some $$ to make this happen.  Please continue to send in donations,,, We want to be sure that these 2 scoundrels can get on the plane!!!   :-\ :-\

Ride safe, Ted

I believe your tickets are "Penultimate" Class which may (or may not) be one grade higher than that unfortunate soul.  :))

I think these are the same class...
Mark, Dan, and... Ted, you want to go also?
1CratesInUse.JPG

We need to make sure they don't get downgraded any more than this..
KEEP DONATIONS COMING!

Jorge, I would love to go again, but I'm still paying for "last years" trip to the "GTE Rolling Rally in the Alps"...
  {Plus, my wife mentioned something about a Divorce if I tried to go again.  :-\}

NOTE: I made the trip on my own dime.  These 2 are going to do their dream ride,, because COG/GCE is making it possible!
                                          "Wow",,, what a great club!
                All of you that are that helping to make "OtP" possible,,, should be very proud of yourselves!!!

Let's do this!!!

Ride safe, Ted

Ted... I don't think Judy believes in the "D" word...more like the "H" word (homicide- justifiable!)

guys, the date is growing closer every day...  I hope to have an update to the donations thermometer in the next couple of days.

KEEP THE DONATIONS COMING

SantaCruzRider said:
Uh oh, I think Mark and I booked airline tickets in the same "Misery Class" as this United passenger...  :-\

https://www.yahoo.com/news/united-passenger-forcibly-removed-flight-refusing-give-seat-134930951.html

Mark: We have to start practicing our passive resistance techique -- 1. go limp; 2. Keep that seat belt tight, 3. try to hook your toes on passenger seats and carry-on items as they drag you down the aisle.

:great:
I'm reconsidering taking my gear as carry on.

Jorge said:
Ted... I don't think Judy believes in the "D" word...more like the "H" word (homicide- justifiable!)

guys, the date is growing closer every day...  I hope to have an update to the donations thermometer in the next couple of days.

KEEP THE DONATIONS COMING

Good point!
Judy told me along time ago that she didn't believe in divorce. But she sed,,,, she does believe in Murder...
I told her I felt the same way, so we've been married 45 year now.  (Both skeered to ask for a divorce)..    :-\

Mark, ya don't have to worry about being thrown off the plane.
{bekuz} We have a crew of Volunteers waiting to throw you back on!!!! {Or tie ya in a wheel-well}

To any of you that wonder if your donation helps; I'm going back and Donate again tonight...
Explanation;    ( I don't donate big) as the wife might catch me..
                      {So, I donate "often") as she don't see the multiple small withdrawals....
                          Bekuz;;;; It all adds up!!!!

Let's make this happen!!! Send your $$ in to get Mark and Dan out of the Country!!  ;)

Talked to Mark today and he said their departure is soon. (June 1 I think).
I had forgotten that they were almost ready to leave!!!

Please help us push the Donations up a bit more. We're almost there!!!

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Mark and Dan,, Part pf the OtP requirements is: we see reports from you 2 while your over there.
        Figure out a way to let us know some of the fun!!!

Chris_Baum_NE said:
Mark and Dan,

Just donated another $25 to your trip!!!!  Enjoy your trip men!!! :) :)
Thank You Chris. I shall salute you proudly!  :great: :beerchug:

Thanks Chris!

I continue to be humbled by how generous folks in this community are -- whether it's with cash, time or free advice.

Cheers to you!

Dan

Ok,,,, Here's some free advice.

When you eat the "Surstrumming", and/or Ralf's "Bregenzerwald mountain cheese";
                                                don't breathe thru your nose.
                                                don't throw up.
                                                if you throw up; don't breathe while spewing thru your nose. 
                                                try to make Mark spew thru his nose.    :rotflmao:
                                                    (Do not get close to Mark during this process)  :sign0137:

And,, we want regular reports and Photo's!!

Ride safe, Ted

OK... T-23 days and counting...

[shadow=red,left]KEEP THE DONATIONS COMING!!![/shadow]

:1rij:

So Jazzed! Just bought a used parachute on ebay. Only used once, never deployed, small stains. Should be here any day. But we did save big bucks on those flights!  :great: :beerchug: :) Dan will be wearing the flying squirrel suit. I'll have the go pro running.  :))

Have the Go-Pro running when you eat the "Surstrumming", and/or Ralf's "Bregenzerwald mountain cheese"!!
  {Cut out the spewing part} and send some photo's!!

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Have the Go-Pro running when you eat the "Surstrumming", and/or Ralf's "Bregenzerwald mountain cheese"!!
  {Cut out the spewing part} and send some photo's!!

Ride safe, Ted
Will do but if I have to blow fermented fish type stuff through my nose everyone is gonna enjoy it  :truce:

connie_rider said:
Soo, our celebration party starts on June 1??

Ride safe, Ted
Well dang Ted. I'm outta squeezins and I usually get  resupplied at the Nats. Please share my supply with all there and raise a cup! This club friggen ROK's!

Mark, PLEASE tell us your special friend is staying behind... You know, the airhead?
Please tell us...

Old Guy, ya don't have to worry about the squeezin's.
The COGdom wil handle your share.

Plus, they have sooooo many different GREAT beers to sample in the Eu, that you won't miss it. "Trust me"!!!

Airhead???

Ride safe, Ted

Now Mark... remember we have the ability to keep you here, or there, with our friends at the TSA...

For those of you that don't know,,,

Mark {"OtP" Winner/general Scallywag} and Dan {"OtP" Runner Up/Baggage Handler}
                  will be leaving to go Over the Pond in just a few days...

It's their Ride of a lifetime!!

"OtP 15"
                You made it possible!

[size=24pt]  Be VERY PROUD of yourselves!!!!

Makes me proud to be a COGger..
    Ride safe, Ted

When Mark gets back, I'll have him get my transformer back to me.  I will hang on to it until the next American traveler is selected, and I'll set them up with it.  Americans must have power when they travel.