• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Over the Pond Program

Ranger Jim

Sport Tourer
It's about time to start getting candidates to experience the "trip of a lifetime."  This year COG sends one (or more depending) member to Europe.  Anyone interested?  Contact your Area Director.

Absolutely. Never saw another program like this one. Need ONE willing volunteer. Thanks for posting, Jim.

OTP is a great program.  Jorge and I had the privilege of hosting the two that were here a couple of years ago.  We had a great time.  I know Jorge won't let me volunteer and get things rolling.  But someone has to volunteer.  You won't be doing this alone.  There are people that can help.  Please don't let this program ride off into the sunset.

Irene

I thought OTP travelers were nominated not individuals who volunteered themselves??????

As Hans ("OtP" Boss) is not available and Harry is probably sleeping (again), I'll attempt to "X-plain".
  The Chief Slave Laborer (USA) handles the "OtP" arrangements on the USA side of the Pond.
  Another Chief Slave Laborer (Europe) handles arrangements on their side of the Pond.

I was the original "OtP" Chief Slave Laborer {USA}.
  After 14 years, I retired and Jorge took over as the second "OtP" Chief Slave Laborer {USA}.
    Last year, he had to resign the position due to work needs.

Sooo, we need someone to volunteer to be the new Chief Slave laborer {USA} so that this program will continue.

Bottom line; if we don't get a new Chief Slave Laborer {USA} "OtP" may die...…….

Ride safe, Ted

PS: As Funsize sed;  If someone can help, you won't be doing this alone.  There are people that can help.
      ie; All past Chief's and their Jr Slave laborers {err assistants} have already said they are willing to assist.

We are looking for a replacement for Jorge. Someone to serve as the OtP Coordinator on this side.  Ted did a great job (don't tell him I sed that  ;)) and so did Jorge but the position is vacant and time is marching on. We need someone who can educate the BoD and whip the ADs into action to get some nominees, have an election and get the contributions flowing.

OtP is a totally unique COG program. NO OTHER CLUB IN THE WORLD does this.  OtP provides the opportunity for a member (or members) of COG to travel to Europe (almost) at no personal expense to experience riding they will likely never get to do again. Conversely, it offers the same opportunity to members of the GCE to come ride in the USA. Motorcycle diplomacy at it's finest. :great:

Anyone willing to step up  :??: or will Ralf and Andre' be the last of the OtP traveller?  :'(

WOW!  The response to this has been overwhelming. NOT!  I'm really doubting that we'll have the time to send someone Over the Pond in 2019. Oh well, another program dies due to apathy. :'(

Time marches onward and no one has stepped up to assume the duties of the OtP Coordinator. It would seem the OtP program will end. Too bad. It was a great experience for those fortunate enough to be selected. :'(

Over the Pond shall not die!

it is a great programm and has been supported by many people on both sides Of the Pond.

2019 the effort on the American side is low.
Just the poll proceedure schould be done on the American side.
All the organization work will be done by the GCE OtP team (providing a bike, transfer from/to airport, hosting, guidance (if necessarry and wanted), routing ....).

To reduce costs (donations), time and effort, Hans-Ove (The Boss and instigator), Ted and Jorge (former OTP Chief Slave Laborers) and I decided to send over only 1 official traveler.

Collection of money donations could be done by me if needed, but should be done by a trustable person for the American side, which also can be another one.
I cannot do the work on both sides. Someone is needed who wears the hat on the American (USA/Canada) side.  :sign0085:
We need a new OTP Chief Slave Laborer on your side Of the Pond
Please be assured: You won‘t be allone!  :sign0144:
Ted, Jorge and I will assist as much as we can.
Also all former OTP travelers can help with their experience.

The GCE OTP team is ready to start  :campfire:

Come on, it‘s up to you!  :s_laugh:

As soon as we have a new volunteer for this funny and satisfying job, we immediately can start the new campaign.  :whoo:

Hey „Ranger Jim“,

when Jorge told me, that he will resign from office, my first
hope was, that you will upgrade your OTP slave laborer level.
Cindy could be responsible for the OTP finances as she is already for yours  ;)

We would be a great team. I know you understand German and
my bad German accent English.

I still owe you and Cindy a motorbike for a private OTP ride over here
and a lot of selfbrewed beers at our campfire. :campfire:
:singing:
I just try to brew for the first time. Finally my beer became green.
Perhaps I did something wrong.  :confuse:
Anette provided all necessarry ingredients in our kitchen.
Later she told me something of missing her spinach  :-X
Maybe, you can help me with this.

We, Anette and I, wish you both Merry Christmas and a happy,
save and sound new riding season 2019
:a035:

Good Morning! I have been involved with the OTP project and helped support Andre and Ralf while they were here and rode with them along with a great number of riders from the Southwest in 2018. Mark Hartman has mentored me and was a recipient of OTP along with Dan Breeden in 2017. Mark did a great job of showing the travelers around many great sights in the Southwest before the National Rally in Kerrville this year. I know Bernd in Europe pretty well and have been lucky enough to travel to two Rolling Rally Alps tours in 2016 and 2018! I was just elected SWAD by the slimmest of margins to replace the best Area Director I know in Mark Hartman.

I think I can fill both roles the SWAD and OTP coordinator if the BOD thinks I can. I will get support from my fellow riders here in the Southwest, Had many friends go to the Rolling Rally this year and one that went both years with me that will help too. My wife Pam says that she can help also. If no one wants to step up I will do what I can to support this fun and great rider exchange program. Let me know.  :)

Now, IAW COG Constitution, Article 3, Section B, Item 8, Chuck (our ED) has to appoint Russ to the position and the BoD has to approve the appointment.

Ranger Jim said:
Now, IAW COG Constitution, Article 3, Section B, Item 8, Chuck (our ED) has to appoint Russ to the position and the BoD has to approve the appointment.

"To appoint active members to Club Officer positions, with advice from the Board of Directors"

The ED appoints the officer, with advice from the BOD, there is no vote to approve an appointment.  There only has to be a majority vote to remove an officer.

I am not on the Executive Board, but I am sure if Russ wants the job, Chuck will appoint him at the next BOD meeting.

Ummmm. The President of the USA APPOINTS a judge to the Supreme Court with the ADVICE and consent of the Senate.  I'd guess that if a couple of the voting officers expressed concern, the appointment would be withdrawn.