• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Paint code location for an 08 C14

modebpro

Big Wheel

First scratch after 18K miles and I'm trying to locate the paint code.  I don't want to use Color-Rite....Apparently it's under one of the side covers.  Can anyone help?  I'm sure you can.  Thanks!

I had my panel scanned and I've painted several pieces with perfect results using this DuPont code.  This is a base coat/clear coat process, the same as the Color-Rite system.  LMK if you have any questions--Gary

CAR:  Ford
CODE:  1B    YEAR:  1983
COLOR:  Medium Charcoal Effect

This is match for Kawasaki 2008 Neutron Silver 

G-Mazz said:
I had my panel scanned and I've painted several pieces with perfect results using this DuPont code.  This is a base coat/clear coat process, the same as the Color-Rite system.  LMK if you have any questions--Gary

CAR:  Ford
CODE:  1B    YEAR:  1983
COLOR:  Medium Charcoal Effect

This is match for Kawasaki 2008 Neutron Silver

Well that can be some useful information! Good job!

Oneye said:
Excellent info....Thanks.  Can you tell me which panel?

Neutron Silver is the color for most of the panels on the bike for 2008. The lower fairing (belly pan), the filler panels under the clutch and throttle, glove box and a few others are not Neutron Silver. Pretty much the rest of the bike is!

Superdave said:
I have a 2011 Concours that is Atomic Silver.  Anybody have a paint code for it?

Here are the color Rite codes from the parts thread above. If the Color Rite is acceptable to you!

Paint

http://www.colorrite.com/matrix-colors.cfm?CFID=2087880&CFTOKEN=46483776

Note: may require both base and top coat!

Neutron Silver (US), (factory OEM code 17N), Color Rite - (3895), Base (1895)
Metallic Diablo Black (Non US), (factory OEM code 17K), Color Rite 3606
Flat Super Black, (factory OEM code 18R), Color Rite (3370) 
Metallic Phantom Silver for the trim and wheels (OEM 458), Color Rite (3803)

Metallic Diablo Black , (factory OEM code 17K), Color Rite 3606
Candy Diamond Red, (factory OEM code 25T), Color Rite - (3785), Base (1785)
Flat Super Black, (factory OEM code 18R), Color Rite (3370) 
Metallic Phantom Silver for the trim and wheels (OEM 458), Color Rite (3803)

Candy Neptune Blue (factory OEM code 27Z), Color Rite - (3402), Base (1102)
Flat Super Black (factory OEM code 18R), Color Rite (3370)

Ebony Black  (factory OEM code 602), Color Rite (3005)
Atomic Silver (factory OEM code 17M), Color Rite (3915)
Flat Super Black (factory OEM code 18R), Color Rite (3370)

Unfortunately to maintain their lock on factory paint Color-Rite paint codes don't convert to any major manufacturer of automotive paints such as DuPont or PPG.  You can take one of your color panels to an auto paint shop and have it scanned in the outdoor light, results ranging from very close to a dead on match. 

Hi all,

I have a 2008 C14.  I need to do a bit of touch up on a saddle bag and the front tire fender.  Both areas are about 2 inches long, one is about 1/2" wide while the other is about 3/4".  What would be the best color rite prouct to buy, the touch up jar or the aerosol canister?  Is there any advantage of the Color Rite versus the DuPont products?  Any comments or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Blackgold