• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Part two, the ride back to FL.

Sailor_chic

Tomorrow (Sat) I fly out from Florida, back to Seattle. Dan has had my baby in storage for a few weeks. We will ride on a couple of rides on Sunday and Monday that Dan has organized, and then I will begin my long ride back home.
Heading across Washington to see the Washington Alps (Cascades). Tim R is planning to meet me in Winthrop and will ride together for a while after lunch. Then heading into Glacier NP, looping around back into Idaho, to see what Lolo pass looks like, and then back to Lolo. Riding south in Idaho so I can enter Grand Teton NP from the South and then into Yellowstone NP. Across WY to Cody and up Chief Joseph to Beartooth. then to Devils Tower, Black hills and then homeward.
I can forward the link to my spot tracker if anyone is interested.

Nicole,
I'm jealous now...

That sounds like an awesome trip!
Ride safe, and remember...
We love pictures!!
Lol!
Have a great and safe trip, and try to remember us bums back in the heartland sweltering in the triple digit heat while you're getting to tour in the cool... hahaha!
Bob

:popcorncouple: :popcorn: :popcorncouple:  Have a great trip Nicole. Sounds like an awesome ride.  :motonoises:

While in the Black Hills, do Vanocker Canyon Rd. Do it from the Sturgis direction. Lots of other good stuff including the Pigtail. Also don't miss Alpine Inn in Hill City, SD for the$12 filet mignon, yummy.

On TDY near Montrose co

Hi,
      Nicole, you ARE a,  Ballsy Broad! ;D

Stay safe!!! :great:

Attachments

• tumblr_m3appxnIgx1qlbtloo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_m3appxnIgx1qlbtloo1_1280.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 118
I arrived in Seattle airport at 2100 and San was there to pick me up. Arriving at his house tti my bike with a dead battery. So he let me take his van to my motel.
On the way to the motel, I was pulled over for 46 in a 35. I shared my story for the day and the police let me go.
Now to get my bike running...

Some mystery of the battery going dead tho it was a month sitting.
It  was DEAD! The charger initially did not even show it was charging. A trick I had learned was to switch on the 55 amp jump switch briefly a couple times to wake up the electrons. That worked and we had it on 10 amp for an hour or so to make sure it was still charging but not getting hot then 2 amp. Not close to starting so Nicole drove the van to her motel. The bike but was charged by the AM and was fine the following two days riding the planned NWCOG events and having to restart a few times a day.
I had a fun time riding with Nicole on these days. A very good, talented rider.

Hi,
      I'm tracking you of course!  :motonoises:

Looks like your taking the, "Long Way Home"..... ;D

This time! :-[

I didn't really care for that 40 Hour, coast to coast you did.... :(

But this one looks like, FUN! :great:

Attachments

• tumblr_ob9ffxJDTQ1qe7btto1_500.jpg
    tumblr_ob9ffxJDTQ1qe7btto1_500.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 122
Thanks for the update Nicole! It was great riding with you, Charlie and Dan around Mt. Rainier!  :great: :great:  I should've taken more pics but the 2 below is when we took a break at White Pass...

Safe travels and continue to keep us posted on your ride! :beerchug:  >:D

28889890511_fb33c63761_b.jpg

28966185565_658c6a266e_b.jpg

Greg, the last trip I took the long way home also. It was the IBA  ride to get out there.

Robert, it was great meeting you and riding together. Weather was good untiluntil the last hour.

IHere's a link for my progress:

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=11d0a57a1fab68c791&showInfo=yes&showHome=yes&hoursPast=0&fillFactor=100&zoomLevel=10
If you click on Seattle to home, in upper left corner bar, there is a drop down menu. Click on adjustments, change the history setting to ALL,then update maps. Then it will show my entire 2nd portion of my competed trip.

wow! great ride in a wonderful scenery...

have i understand this right now: you will ride from Seattle to Florida?

a Girl?
alone?

respect!

hope you come home very well..

Greetings from Austria/Europe.

Kawasaurus said:
wow! great ride in a wonderful scenery...

have i understand this right now: you will ride from Seattle to Florida?

a Girl?
alone?

respect!

hope you come home very well..

Greetings from Austria/Europe.

Thank you. I rode out to Seattle alone.  Dan in Seattle was kind enough to be my personal tour guide. Then my friend Kurt has ridden up from Florida and met me in Wyoming, so we're doing a little misbehaving in the mountains together

Thank you Cliff, I really appreciate you saying that.

Tomorrow it's rear tire day somewhere around Omaha. I was hoping to make it home, but I rode just a little to hard on these tires.

Hi,
        From the tracking map looks like you are going to go in Hannibal,MO.... :motonoises:

Mark Twains hometown! :eek:

That would be interesting to me! ;D

Stay safe! :great:

Attachments

• tumblr_oba0fp0B1h1u66s8io1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_oba0fp0B1h1u66s8io1_1280.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 122
robertv said:
That's great you've planned out the tire change! Same tires, or something different?

I was hoping to get my 11k+ milage out of my PR4GT, but at 10,200 the rear was toast. So I stopped in Omaha at Dillon motorsports. They had me out the door in 90 min on a PR4. No GT avail.

Not feeling good so it's early to bed for me.

Great Trave!

Be carful, ride safe - there are so many crazy people on the roads, you have no idea what bad things they can do.

I hear, you'r a capable & confident true rider - there are not many girls like you: riding a heavy motorcycle across the states.

Hope, we can meet one day, maybe if i (or you) would be an OtP-Traveller, or on an COG or GCE Event like the GCE Rolling Rallye, or a COG-National.

i would like ride with you, and show you the european Alps, some COG-Members did the GCE-Rolling Rallye last July in Europe. Rhey knows what i mean.

Good luck for your ride...

Greets from Austria /Europe.

Successfully made it to Seattle and back again. 11,750 miles within 24 states, in 25 days.

One completely dead battery when I made my return flight to Seattle, one oil change, one new rear tire in Nebraska, and one flat tire when I arrived in my hometown, one block away from our favorite pub for post ride libations.

I met many great people along the way, and a handful of COG members. Many thanks to Dan Paulsen for everything he did for me. Thanks to Charlie, and Robert for coming out on Sunday to play in the mountains, and to Steve for riding on Monday. He was very knowledgeable of the area, and we were able to have a nice meal together since we were 2 minutes late for the ferry.

Here is the return route to home:

This was my route west:

:great: Happy to hear you're back safe and sound! Bummer about the tire but luckily it happened back home. Fun times playing in the mountains with you, Dan and Charlie!  Big props to Dan for helping you around!!  :beerchug: :beerchug:

Hi,
        Yep, glad you made it back ok! :great:

That's the important part! ;D

Still think you were moving pretty good coming back! :motonoises:

You must let that Connie, have her head! >:D >:D >:D

Attachments

• tumblr_obdcw1AyIC1qepuo6o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_obdcw1AyIC1qepuo6o1_1280.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 127
Glad to help a COG member and Nicole is one of the best to ride with.
We had fun!  Did we not? Sure, I led a moderate pace partly so Nicole could see and recall the scenery.  :)) Ahem, then the pace would be sporty.

Diz said:
And your riding map is complete for the continental US Great accomplishment!  :great:
I guess Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire & Maine are Islands ?  :rotflmao:

YOU are a badazz - what a great trip and accomplishment! Pretty darn cool trip and solo Lady to boot - Brave!

Great stuff! :beerchug:

Swampy said:
YOU are a badazz - what a great trip and accomplishment! Pretty darn cool trip and solo Lady to boot - Brave!

Great stuff! :beerchug:

^^^YEP^^^  :great: :beerchug:

Thanks guys :) It was a really awesome trip! The 6200 miles that I rode to get out to Seattle was solo. Then I rode across the North Cascades in Washington, and Glacier NP to Lolo MT. There my friend from home rode out and met me there, then we took 8 days to ride to Florida.

Only 8 more states to ride in. Im thinking that they will be on next years to-do list.

Throughout this year of riding, I have been participating in the Flags Across America Ride. One VFW or American Legion in every state was chosen to get a USA flag mural painted on the outside of the building. This ride objective is to take a pic of your bike in front of the mural. My goal was to get twenty of these pics to qualify for the silver certificate. I thought I was going to be done with this achievement until I submitted my photos, and his reply was that I am tied for 3rd. I just might have to saddle up again and head North.
http://www.tourofhonor.com/pages/riderlist2016.php

Hi,
        Jeez, and I think if I run up to Georgia, to my old hometown, from Orlando...... :motonoises:

I've made a long trip! Ha! :-[

Attachments

• 1959469-bigthumbnail.jpg
    1959469-bigthumbnail.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 117
Sailor_chic said:
Throughout this year of riding, I have been participating in the Flags Across America Ride. One VFW or American Legion in every state was chosen to get a USA flag mural painted on the outside of the building. This ride objective is to take a pic of your bike in front of the mural. My goal was to get twenty of these pics to qualify for the silver certificate. I thought I was going to be done with this achievement until I submitted my photos, and his reply was that I am tied for 3rd. I just might have to saddle up again and head North.

Don't it do your heart good to know there are many patriotic Americans? Way to ride! How many states did you fill in on the map?

Diz said:
Sailor_chic said:

Don't it do your heart good to know there are many patriotic Americans? Way to ride! How many states did you fill in on the map?

No doubt! Its nice to see that patriotism is alive and well!

On this trip I added 14 colored-in states to my map. Since I purchased my bike Aug '14, I have been in 40 states. 22 of them for the Flags Across America this year.

Sailor_chic said:
Diz said:
Sailor_chic said:

No doubt! Its nice to see that patriotism is alive and well!

On this trip I added 14 colored-in states to my map. Since I purchased my bike Aug '14, I have been in 40 states. 22 of them for the Flags Across America this year.

A big ol'  :great:

See ya in part of the trifecta.