• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Peg problem with lowering kit

Hey Guys.....after installing the peg lowering kit from Larry's it seems that the peg is not only lower it is further forward.....this forward movement seems to have lessened the space between the peg and the shifter to the point where I don't have enough room for my size 12 boots......I thought of cutting the shifter and re-welding it.......but that seems a little extreme....anybody else had this problem?......any solutions?......Crisco

that's common. Murph carries a much nicer kit called "kneesavers" the pegs are 1.5" lower and apx 1/2 further back. The gl1800 pegs also insure that although the pegs are lower, it doesn't infringe on cornering clearance. Also, the mount is articulating to prevent a break in case of a tipover. HTH, Steve

IMO. Try and sell these on ebay or some place like that and get the knee savers from Murph. Not only are the others further forward, but if I recall correctly they also stick out further.  I recall backing out of the garage had more interference problems with bashing the shins. Also I dont know if you generally stick your feet straight down or kinda out foward and down, but I found the original ones also hit me in the back of the legs when sitting at a stop sign. The ones from Murph dont have any of these minor annoyances.

okay looks like they'll have to go....problem is I feel guilty sluffing them off on another Connie rider maybe theres a guy out there with small feet.....crisco

I have been using the ones you got for over 8 years/100k miles now and I ware size 13.  I am not sure if I got use to it or what but my toe does not hit the fairing anymore.  On one bike I did grind a clearance notch out of the fairing.  I pulled the rubber trim piece back, did the grind and then replaced the trim.  Looked stock for the most part.

I guess I do tend to be either with my toes pointed down and away or when tucked they are balls of my feet on the pegs more.  I would have to try and figure out what I do but it is all second nature now.  I know that I always have to adjust the shifter when I install the peg lowers on a new to me bike.  I have done that twice now.

I'm looking for used stock, right side foot peg and bracket.........anybody got one ?
Thanks.....bdallon@comcast.net
603 6595514

javaman said:
I'm looking for used stock, right side foot peg and bracket.........anybody got one ?
Thanks.....bdallon@comcast.net
603 6595514

Junkyard over in Raymond has a bunch of Concours parts.  Look on Ebay - he has a store there.