• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Pennsylvania Cog?

rvedder3

Tricycle
Hello, I've just recently been introduced to the concours when I purchased an 86 for a steal. I'm wondering how active COG is in the SE Pa area or any of the nearby areas like nova,md,wv. Hopefully you guys have some presence around my parts, so far from what I've seen I'm looking forward to joining!

Welcome! You're in luck. You bought a bike within of of COG's most active area. The North East COG section probably has more, if not the most planned rides of all of the areas. Head on over to here: http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/clubstatic.cfm?clubID=1328&pubmenuoptID=14088 for an overview of 'us'. Coming up within a few weeks is the North/South get-together in Hampstead, MD. Russ has held this for quite a few years, and it just gets better each year. Details are here: http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=107007&mo=6&tDate=%7Bd%20%272010%2D06%2D07%27%7D There's seemingly always something going on, you can browse this (or the other) forum for thing to do, people to go see, events to attend. Our National rally this year is in Tomah, WI where some fool (me) is going to give away a totally wild and unique 86 Connie. Again, welcome to the fold, come on in...the water's fine! http://www.millerized.com I'll be in the garage
welder.gif
COG 6425, CDA 111 a through g

Welcome. I'm a SE NY member, but I never miss a chance to head to a COG rally in PA. Great people down there. As Millerized said, the NE area is extremely active.

Rudy Welcome to COG and you have a really good motorcycle that is build for pounding miles on it. I am the host of the North South and you are welcome to come at this time there is 35 names on my list that are coming. The longest distance is a couple from Florida and there is 9 Canadians coming. This event is where high mileage Concours show up and ride. Russell Fleming 230,000 miles + year1995 Jay Horine 185,000 miles year 1995 Guy Young 150,000 miles + year 1995 Greg Puterbaugh 150,000 miles + year 2003 Bobby Winters 110,000 miles + year 1995 John Lippy 105,000 miles + year 1986 If you come you will meet the 2010 OTP Traveler. Where do you live is SE PA? Russell

I'm in Lancaster county right now in a little town called ephrata. I'm afraid my 86 has no where near those miles on it its only just now at 17850. I'd love to come down for that event though. Although Friday night might be rough to make but definitely Saturday morning is a go. Friday evening will depend on how soon I'm done work or if I can swing a half day.

Rudy We might have meet at Ephrata this past weekend. You and 2 of your friend come over and said Hi to 2 fellow on C14 getting ready to leave and 1 of you said that you just bought a 1986. I was the one on the silver 08. Looking forward to meeting you. Russell

Hmm wasn't me I was out riding with some family this past weekend and don't recall anyone on a c14 and I would've remembered that for sure since I've been trying to get a peek at one up close in person. The dealer up here doesn't have any in stock. What were you up to up this way anyhow surely there's better riding down your way. Although up north a bit further is some fun areas.

Rudy I ride up to Ephrata 2 times a year for this event. http://ephratamotorcycle.com/ I can take you to fun road most anywhere in the country. Hope you can make the North / South and you can bring along your friend if you want. Russell

That even is held basically in my back yard the American legion parking lot is caddy corner to my garage I'm directly behind the swimming pool there. I do plan on coming down for the north/south where do I need to register or how does that work?

Rudy - the event details are posted in the online calendar and in the Northeast Area Newsletter. Once you experience COG first hand I hope you will consider becoming a [dues paid] member of the club.

I did pay the dues already I did that after the first couple days of being on the forums and seeing how helpful everyone is. I still havent received access to all the members stuff though and still do not have a cog #

I did pay the dues already I did that after the first couple days of being on the forums and seeing how helpful everyone is. I still havent received access to all the members stuff though and still do not have a cog #
Houston... we have a problem. I will let membership know.

I just figured it would take a little while wasn't worried about it yet. Guess I should of done a little investigating.

WELCOME, WERE HOLDING A WEEKEND RIDE IN COOK FOREST THIS MONTH,DETAILS ON THE FORUM, COME ON OVER AND MEET SOME OF THE GANG. JOE